Florida required training available in Indiana?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bmr23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Does anyone know where I can get the necessary training for a Florida LTCH application in Indiana? Near Fort Wayne preferable?

dwp9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greensburg
    All you need is Indiana Hunters Ed Course to be eligible. The course is free and is given by the DNR. When you complete it send a copy of your card with your application. I have been a Florida license holder for 7 yrs.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    All you need is Indiana Hunters Ed Course to be eligible. The course is free and is given by the DNR. When you complete it send a copy of your card with your application. I have been a Florida license holder for 7 yrs.

Or any NRA certified course or a DD-214 if a veteran.

dwp9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greensburg
    Yes. In your packet you will get fingerprint cards, and info of what else you will need to send. The cost for the license is 117.00 and you will need to send a copy of training,fingerprint cards, passport photo, and a money order for payment. The license is good for 7 yrs.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Does anyone know where I can get the necessary training for a Florida LTCH application in Indiana? Near Fort Wayne preferable?
    As the guy above me stated you might consider the AZ non resident ccw permit. To me it seemed like a much better choice and much cheaper. Only difference from the FL permit I think is you get NV instead of NH that honors it. Other than that iirc it's the same but you can check yourself to be sure .

Forms: Concealed Weapons & Permits - Arizona Department of Public Safety

Bmr23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    yes, I have the packet and will include the fingerprints and photo, I just needed to know how to obtain the required education.

Bmr23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    As the guy above me stated you might consider the AZ non resident ccw permit. To me it seemed like a much better choice and much cheaper. Only difference from the FL permit I think is you get NV instead of NH that honors it. Other than that iirc it's the same but you can check yourself to be sure .

Forms: Concealed Weapons & Permits - Arizona Department of Public Safety

If the Arizona permit covers Ohio as well and is $60 for 5 years, it is probably still a better deal than $117 for 7 years with Florida. I know it seems like an "end-around" but all I am really looking for is an Ohio LTCH but this seems like the best way. My lifetime Indiana permit is being processed now.
    lots of good info, I will re-check the state reciprocity rules as well. I have seen that website before and it is very helpful.

thanks everyone

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    If the Arizona permit covers Ohio as well and is $60 for 5 years, it is probably still a better deal than $117 for 7 years with Florida. I know it seems like an "end-around" but all I am really looking for is an Ohio LTCH but this seems like the best way. My lifetime Indiana permit is being processed now.
    lots of good info, I will re-check the state reciprocity rules as well. I have seen that website before and it is very helpful.

thanks everyone

The AZ permit will cover you for OH.

Top Bottom