• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nicktw25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Does anyone know a decent brand of flip up sights? I'm not looking to spend $350. I also have heard magpul sights are cheap and plastic? A buddy recomended YHM, Bravo Company, Midwest Industries, or Troy.

Any help would be great!

mistap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Art. 1, Sec. 32
    I have flip-ups from Troy, Midwest Industries, and Magpul. I think they are all quality pieces. I can't really tell a difference between the Troy and MI, and, although the MBUS are mostly plastic, they seem pretty tough. Granted, none of mine have seen "extreme" use, as I doubt yours will.

Loc n load

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Flip up iron

Have gg&g on a M-4 that I built up back in 05.....have run it hard, and have used it extensively. The sights are rugged, lock positively in place and function well.....also co witness well with various optics.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Troy and Magpul are the standard. Tons of companies have made copies of the Troy sights. Hell, the company I get my uppers and lowers from has even started making some.

I guess when you have something good, everyone rips you off.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I couldn't justify the prices of the Troy Ind. I couldn't use the Magpul because my front is gas block mounted. Got a set of the Midwest Industries and haven't looked back. Good quality.

JJP8153

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Marion, IN
    I have Magpul flip ups. Not the most expensive, not the cheapest. Good quality sites though in my opinion. If I was going to war I think I would want something a little more durable like Troy's, but for my uses for them, they work well.

I also have Command Arms Accessories flip ups on another rifle. They are pretty decent, but I've noticed a bit of a wobble to them, even though I've torqued them down as hard as I can without fear of breaking them. But again, depending on the use, not a bad site, and bit cheaper than Magpul.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I like the Matech Rear sight. Has a bullet drop compensator out to 600 meters and is current USGI issue.

Top Bottom