• ...and so much more!
  • ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    went to trade for a hand gun.....made the deal filled out the paper work and he called in then DELAYED!!!!!!!!!:xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

never have been delayed before ever!!!!......he asked if i have been in trouble?....i showed him my LTCH and he said that didn't make sense......he said he has seen guys get denied that he has sold guns to for over 20 years.....i don't get it?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If you're a tin-foil hat type person, now is the time to surmize that randomly delaying and/or denying friearms purchases through the NICS is Obama's way of instituting "back-door" gun control. :dunno:

:D

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    Obama is nothing more than a worthless turd that deserves a jail cell over a whitehouse office. Since that worthless bastard wants to live on the public tit lets let him and put his ass in the jail.

INGunGuy

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If it wasn't for Obama, we would not have all this rain and flooding!

I'm sorry to hear that you got denied. It doesn't make sense, but I heard about this happening 10 years ago to guys with 30 years of gun purchases under their belt. I'm not sure who the blame is, but I hope your deal goes through, soon.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    If it wasn't for Obama, we would not have all this rain and flooding!

I'm sorry to hear that you got denied. It doesn't make sense, but I heard about this happening 10 years ago to guys with 30 years of gun purchases under their belt. I'm not sure who the blame is, but I hope your deal goes through, soon.

Please read the first post carefully. ;)

Talked to a couple of dealers and there seems to be more delays during the week than on weekends. There seems to be more phone answerers on weekends due to gun shows, so I wouldn't be surprised to hear of delays during the week more because they are working on the computers, or some other silly thing and not related to a problem with you.

On the other hand, if your name resembles someone on the government hit list..... :D

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    It could be something as simple as the Data Base went down. I know that if the State system that the unemployment offices use goes down, it's down State wide and no claims can be filed. It's never down long, but it's still a PITA.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I've become firmly convinced that a lot of delays are caused by NICS computer issues. I've already gotten pretty good at telling when a customer is going to be delayed by the speed of the questions from the person on the phone. Usually, it's a very rapid tempo. If I start getting asked the questions slowly, or if I start by being put on hold before someone answers the phone (almost never happens) I start betting myself the customer will be getting delayed.

It's important to note that I have no facts to back this up. Merely my own impression/opinion.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I got delayed once after several years and several gun purchases. It was the only time I did not put my SSN on the form It being optional and with our new gov I didn't see the point. I have bought several more since all with SSN on the form and no delays. I have a common name so I am assuming the SSN makes the check go faster.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    they called at 9:30am and said come and get it......should send the NICS a bill for the extra fuel it cost me to go back and get it(55 miles round trip)......and i do always use my SS # because i know there is a murderer and has sheet a mile long in NC with my same first and last name and is 5 years younger than me....the things you find when you run a back ground check on yourself!!!:D

oh yes i'm fondin' my new SA 1911-A1 MIL-SPEC SS with holster and mag holster....:draw: :rockwoot:

pic's will be in another thread...

Last edited:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I got delayed once after several years and several gun purchases. It was the only time I did not put my SSN on the form It being optional and with our new gov I didn't see the point. I have bought several more since all with SSN on the form and no delays. I have a common name so I am assuming the SSN makes the check go faster.

Same here I have one of the most common names. I just write down my SSN because things are much easier.

Top Bottom