• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    This is going to be my first trip to the 1500 and I have a couple questions on what to expect. First off, the price of admission. I think I saw where it was $10 a person and $5 for parking? Can somebody deny or confirm? I also heard that parking on the street is free. Is it safe (recommended, be honest) to park there? The most important question is.....drum roll please....do they accept debit/credit cards? If not, I can always make a run to the atm, but the card is much more convenient Or is it strictly cash only at most booths? How much does the INGO swag cost? I'm looking for a hat for sure and possibly a shirt. And the last question is, am I allowed to carry? Thanks for answering my questions.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Prices sound about right. I know the fairgrounds upped parking to $5.

Don't park on the street if you care about your vehicle and its contents. This is not a good neighborhood at all. Heck, event the lots aren't all that safe. Lock stuff up tight, and keep anything valuable out of sight. I'd park inside the grounds (rather than the south lot) if possible.

Some vendors are set up for credit, some are not. Cash is king!

Not sure on the INGO swag. I know the stickers and chamber flags are cheap, cause I usually pick some up. That reminds me, I need a new INGO hat.....

Yes, you can carry. BUT, no loaded firearms inside the show (event policy). IMPD is there to check and zip-tie your carry piece. Make sure it is unloaded and safe BEFORE entering (even though they do not provide a safe place to do so).

Enjoy the show!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Confirmed on pricing.

Some vendors accept plastic - some do not.

There are ATM machines scattered around, too.

INGO Swag varies - it depends on what it is. I'm not familiar enough with what's offered. I think my chamber flag was a buck.

You're legally allowed to carry...but the show promoters do not want you to. You'll be asked upon admission if you have any firearms - at which time LEO would like for it to be shown clear and they'll zip-tie it open/clear.

Many folks just leave their pistol holstered & concealed. That's your call on what you want to do.

-J-

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    Many vendors charge extra for credit card use. Their best price will always be for cash. Expect to pay 3-5% more on many firearms if you whip out plastic, especially when haggling.
    As stated above, cash is king. Get your cash together before you go.

Jakob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I usually bring cash + credit card. If they try to charge an extra fee for paying with CC, then I just pay cash, if not, I put everything on credit for rewards :)

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Any INGO members going on Saturday?

I'm trying to decide whether to go or not. It's about a 2 hr drive for me. Saturday is my only free day of the week and I can do whatever I want per the boss (wife). Went up to Bradis one weekend (very happy with that) but I'm not sure about the INDY 1500. I've never really been impressed with gun shows and I don't like the beerfart and cornchips smell. Hey, don't get me wrong - love people... just not that many all crammed into one place..

Why should I go? I need to know...

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    I'm trying to decide whether to go or not. It's about a 2 hr drive for me. Saturday is my only free day of the week and I can do whatever I want per the boss (wife). Went up to Bradis one weekend (very happy with that) but I'm not sure about the INDY 1500. I've never really been impressed with gun shows and I don't like the beerfart and cornchips smell. Hey, don't get me wrong - love people... just not that many all crammed into one place..

Obviously,(loooking up at the thread title) i'm not sure if it's worth going or not. That's what i'm going to find out I guess. I was just wondering if I was going to run into any of you.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008

The only real reason to go is to sell some stuff (if your price is right), look at a bunch of guns/gun gear/quasi-related items, or have a better chance at finding a specific gun you intend to buy. It is basically a time when there are a ton of buyers and sellers there in one central location. Prices will vary from a steal to overpriced.

Top Bottom