• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I'm so excited, finally got my first negative rep! It's was from POTI for posting in the thread "weirdest, smallest, strangest guns" under General Firearms discussion. I posted about my Glock being strange because it hadn't killed anyone or went kaboom.
    I want to name my first negative rep......suggestions? I thought about Glockit, but POTI might give me another negative rep. since it has Glock in it.
    I did return the favor back to him, but since my post in the thread was deleted ( just saying ) I don't know if my neg. rep back to him was also deleted.
    Are negative reps like positive reps, in that the higher your rep. score the more points you give, or are all negative reps equal?

:ingo:

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    :nopity:

The neg rep button says "I disapprove," nothing more. Sending neg rep is just as valid an action as sending positive rep. Even though you might not agree with POTI for doing so, is it really necessary to call him out and start a public drama?

No Time to Shoot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I'm so excited, finally got my first negative rep! from POTI for posting in the thread weirdest, smallest, strangest guns under General Firearms discussion about my Glock being strange because it hadn't killed anyone or went kaboom. w

LOL...congrats! That's amazing though that your Glock has been so well behaved....:laugh:

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    :nopity:

The neg rep button says "I disapprove," nothing more. Sending neg rep is just as valid an action as sending positive rep. Even though you might not agree with POTI for doing so, is it really necessary to call him out and start a public drama?

Sometimes it the principle.........and it's a boring day. :D

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Congratulations on the neg. rep. Like a mosquito bite, they will go away over time and mean nothing.

I've given neg. rep only when I received it; then, one day I woke up and just decided to only give pos. rep. I give rep for stuff that makes me laugh, funny avatars, ATM's always got a quip with a gunshot speed to it that makes me laugh, funny quotes....

giving pos. or neg. rep means nothing, don't start to think that it is a powertool of some sorts.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    First time I got a neg rep I thought it was like the rest of reps, positive. So I returned the neg rep with a pos rep, I bet the guy thought I was stupid. Then I got another neg rep and instead of returning the rep I just PM'd all my trash talk. Neg reps are for whimps.:D

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    since my post in the thread was deleted ( just saying )

I deleted your post and his followup, because they were off-topic bickering in an otherwise cool thread.

I don't know if my neg. rep back to him was also deleted.

Rep is a thing unto itself; it exists independent of your post.

Are negative reps like positive reps, in that the higher your rep. score the more points you give

That's my understanding. A neg rep from Scutter01 would cause your world to implode. Good thing he's a nice guy!

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I deleted your post and his followup, because they were off-topic bickering in an otherwise cool thread.

Rep is a thing unto itself; it exists independent of your post.

That's my understanding. A neg rep from Scutter01 would cause your world to implode. Good thing he's a nice guy!

Thanks for the reply. :ingo:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    A neg rep from Scutter01 would cause your world to implode. Good thing he's a nice guy!

I think I read that your neg rep is half the amount of your pos rep, so if you add 60 points with a green, you subtract 30 with a red.

Scutter's probably about 70-75 points per green now, so yeah, 36 points subtracted is still one heavy hit. I agree, he is a nice guy, even if he doesn't green-rep this post. :D

(and one of these days when I can take time to do it, I want to take him up on his invitation to go shoot with him. My Mosin thinks I don't love her anymore.)

Blessings,
    Bill

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I did some tests once. I think the reps max out your badges around 500,000. The badges work just like the pips. In other words, five bronze badges to get one silver, then five more to get your second silver, etc. Three sets of pips, three sets of badges. Can you imagine your rep power at 500,000? :D I worked it out and I think I decided it would take me something like 97 years at my current rate. :):

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Congratulations on the neg. rep. Like a mosquito bite, they will go away over time and mean nothing.
    Oh yeah they do!! ;) I'm saving mine up to trade for these...

shgreenstamps.jpg

When I get a bazillion of them I'm cashing them in!!!

...is it really necessary to call him out and start a public drama?
    Well...yeah! It cuts into my stockpile and effects my trading value! :):

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    So, Dogman, did you take the avatar pic right after you told your dog you received a neg rep?

He looks like he took the news really hard. Kinda like a sad state of disbelief.

"Neg rep? NO! WHY? WHY???"

Maybe I'm just reading too much into the expression.:D

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    So, Dogman, did you take the avatar pic right after you told your dog you received a neg rep?

He looks like he took the news really hard. Kinda like a sad state of disbelief.

"Neg rep? NO! WHY? WHY???"

Maybe I'm just reading too much into the expression.:D

That's his happy face. :D

:cheers:

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    If that is his happy face he must be taking Facial expressions 101 from my wife, Thats the look I get when I ask her anything!!! :lmfao:

I can tell you exactly what's on his mind ( besides water ) food?, do you have food?, did you think about giving me food? Is it time for my fifth nap this morning?

:)

Top Bottom