• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Nice one! Be safe and mind the four rules, even though you might not actually have ammo for a while.

I do recommend loads of dry firing first anyways. Maybe you could even take a class where they would supply ammo, like at a gun store (surely they put some away for class).

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Sig's are great guns, I have a couple and would never part with them. Good choice and congratulations.

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana

Sig SP2022 in 9mm. I'm pretty excited. It's been a long time in the works. Now if I can only find some 9mm so I can go shoot it.

Very cool! That happens to be my first semi-auto I purchased in January 2013. My first 9mm and I'm loving shooting it and learning how to take care of it and grease/oil it. Have fun!

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Nice choice for a first handgun. Some Sig purists scoff at the polymer Sig Pro's, believing only the "P" series as the "real" Sigs. But in reality they are great guns for the money.

Colarmel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Greater Fort Wayne Area
    Nice one! Be safe and mind the four rules, even though you might not actually have ammo for a while.

I do recommend loads of dry firing first anyways. Maybe you could even take a class where they would supply ammo, like at a gun store (surely they put some away for class).

Though this is my first handgun, I've spent a lot of time with rifles, and though until joining INGO I'd never heard of The Four Rules, they're the same as I was taught when i was 6 years old and given a daisy bb gun For practice. The reminder is always good though.

A friend of mine's father helped build a range near Fountaintown, I'm hoping to go there in the next couple of weekends for some inexpensive range time with some friends.

MG77

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Congrats!, handguns or any guns for that matter are loads of fun but also carry a great deal of responsibility. Enjoy, great selection!

dswanso1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Fishers
    congrats on the new gun! Good luck with the ammo, I have seen it a few times at a few different walmarts and dicks sporting goods, but unfortunately it has been a while.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Though this is my first handgun, I've spent a lot of time with rifles, and though until joining INGO I'd never heard of The Four Rules, they're the same as I was taught when i was 6 years old and given a daisy bb gun For practice. The reminder is always good though.

I didn't mean to insinuate that you are a total noob. But handguns are different than long guns, especially if you carry, hence the reference to perhaps extra safety measures. Asides from training (when I say training I mean ... Tactical Pistol Course, or something badass like that, not necessarily beginner basics). There is much to learn here too, a lot of experts and trainers that you can ask questions freely any time you want.

Colarmel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Greater Fort Wayne Area
    I didn't mean to insinuate that you are a total noob. But handguns are different than long guns, especially if you carry, hence the reference to perhaps extra safety measures. Asides from training (when I say training I mean ... Tactical Pistol Course, or something badass like that, not necessarily beginner basics). There is much to learn here too, a lot of experts and trainers that you can ask questions freely any time you want.

Not insulted, reminders of safety are always good. I was just worried I'd portrayed myself as someone who had never actually fired a gun and was just buying because my tinfoil was overtight. I'd love one of those sorts of courses, but I'm super-broke, and need to pay for Latin courses this summer. Also a wedding. If they existed for less than 200 I'd probably do it, but... eh.

Top Bottom