• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    The first time I ever remember shooting a gun was a bb gun that I had. I would shoot at milk jugs and other things. Later my dad let me shoot his .22 rifle (I now have that in my gun cabinet). I also remember shooting a few handguns when I was younger. My moms friends husband was part owner of a local sporting goods store. From time to time, the owners would bring guns home to shoot and I got a shoot a few (can't remember what they were now as it was 15 plus years ago).

I actually got my bb gun out of storage the other day and plan on sanding down the wood and redoing it. It has a metal ring that is in rough shape, but might know someone who can fix that.

Daisy%20model%20Buf%20Bill%2046.jpg

this is what it looked like new. The wood is in rough shape and the metal ring on the front piece of wood is pretty rusty.

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    Besides BB guns my first time shooting was the day after I finished kindergarten when my dad took me to his father in laws property and I shot a .22 handgun.

At least that is the first time I remember.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    The first time I ever remember shooting a gun was a bb gun that I had. I would shoot at milk jugs and other things. Later my dad let me shoot his .22 rifle (I now have that in my gun cabinet). I also remember shooting a few handguns when I was younger. My moms friends husband was part owner of a local sporting goods store. From time to time, the owners would bring guns home to shoot and I got a shoot a few (can't remember what they were now as it was 15 plus years ago).

I actually got my bb gun out of storage the other day and plan on sanding down the wood and redoing it. It has a metal ring that is in rough shape, but might know someone who can fix that.

Daisy%20model%20Buf%20Bill%2046.jpg

this is what it looked like new. The wood is in rough shape and the metal ring on the front piece of wood is pretty rusty.

You'll shoot your eye out!

10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    I remember my stepdad taking me out and letting me shoot a .410 shotgun a few times. Then after a few weeks of that, he took me out duck hunting and I was able to tote the .410 and take some shots. I had to have been maybe 9 or 10. All I really remember about the duck hunting trip was how cold it was -I just wanted to go home!

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    My first was when I was maybe 7. Some young neighborhood teens were playing with bb guns and made me think they were real. I about ****.. I don't remember what they were saying but the intent was to scare me.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I got a late start. BB gun when I was probably 10, moved on up to dad's .22 and 12 gauge when I was probably 11 or 12.

Ginger89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    I got a BB gun when I was around 10 for a Christmas present. I had so much fun destroying pepsi cans.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    My first experience was at a family reunion. Some of my relatives would empty the beer bottles and then finish them off with a revolver. Yes, I know, drinking and guns = bad, but I was a kid and thought it was cool to fire a gun. And no, I didn't hit a bottle.

Years later my dad took me to the local range to shoot the Marlin .22 rifle he had and I now own. Loved guns ever since.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    My mom always said I could get a BB gun when I turned 10 years old, so one day while my family was at an auction house, I told my grandpa what my mom said (I was around 8 or 9). My grandpa thinking I was close enough to 10, we snuck out to a local Kmart and he bought my a BB gun. My mom wasn't too happy, but she let me keep it :D
    The first time I shot a real gun, was at Pop Guns on the east side with my father when I was about 14. It was my father's Ruger 100 .38 Special and I loved it.
    My first firearm that I owned was also gifted to me from my grandfather mentioned above. I was 16 and it was his Mossberg 600AT 12 gauge, and when I turned 21 he gifted me a Kel Tec P32 as my first pistol. We were out to eat with my grandmother for mother's day when he leaned over and said, "You want a gun?" and we snuck off again to his car. I'd say he's been my biggest influence in firearms :D

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    My mom always said I could get a BB gun when I turned 10 years old, so one day while my family was at an auction house, I told my grandpa what my mom said (I was around 8 or 9). My grandpa thinking I was close enough to 10, we snuck out to a local Kmart and he bought my a BB gun. My mom wasn't too happy, but she let me keep it :D
    The first time I shot a real gun, was at Pop Guns on the east side with my father when I was about 14. It was my father's Ruger 100 .38 Special and I loved it.
    My first firearm that I owned was also gifted to me from my grandfather mentioned above. I was 16 and it was his Mossberg 600AT 12 gauge, and when I turned 21 he gifted me a Kel Tec P32 as my first pistol. We were out to eat with my grandmother for mother's day when he leaned over and said, "You want a gun?" and we snuck off again to his car. I'd say he's been my biggest influence in firearms :D

Grandpa's rock!

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    I got a BB gun when I was about 8 or 9. I was out in the yard shooting at the light pole and hit the little metal placard they put on them and i kid you not, the BB bounced back and hit me just under my left eye! Luckily I didnt get hurt and not one saw it!

I progressed to a .22LR bolt action. Then to a .410 and so on with my Dad. I still have the .22 Marlin 25 my dad gave me when I was about 14 and I am 36 now!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My first "gun" was just an air gun when I was probably only 5 or so... like a Daisy BB gun, but with no "guts" such that it only shot a blast of air. Dad was quite a gardener, and one day while he was at work I took it out and proceeded to shoot the blooms off all his petunias. (Mom still brings that up to this day). From there I progressed to a couple of Crossman rifles, one a 760, and the other a .22 pellet gun. My first "real" gun was a Mossberg .410 bolt action when I was probably 10 or 11. It was a great little squirrel gun! :)

Rob54

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Merrillville, Indiana
    I got a Daisy BB gun around 7 yrs old as a gift from mom and dad. We set up a range in the basement with a tarp for a backdrop. For my 10th Christmas I received a Crosman CO2 pistol that looked like a 911 and a Crosman 760 rifle along with a moving target "box" that again got set up in the basement. By 11 years old I was using my dad's old 12 gauge to hunt with my friends in nearby woods. That Christmas my brother bought me my own single shot 20 gauge. No wonder I am mentally deranged. Our whole family must have been nuts!

Rob54

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Merrillville, Indiana
    One more quick story. I often grabbed a shotgun and hunted the woods behind our house. i would walk for miles and then emerge on a street. I then would hitchhike home. (Try that today!) A Lake County LEO in a marked car picked me up and took me home one day. Now they would call a swat team. I miss those days!

DeltaLover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    North Central Indiana
    Very fist gun was a Cross-man Pellet gun my cousin owned. later when I was around 8 they let me shoot the 410!!! I remember it like yesterday shooting up watermelons better than Gallagher with the sledge o matic. Fondest memories though were taking a car full of guns down to Camp Attabury shooting range and just unloading into 2 liter bottles with a 8" Colt Python "Heaven"

TWS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I was only six when dad let me shoot my first time other than a bb gun. It was a single shot 20 guage, needless to say I went back to my bb gun!

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Wow! Great stories. Mine adventures were entirely different. One of my mother's brothers was killed in a deer hunting accident in Michigan when I was four or five. So, NO GUNS allowed! Around age 10, I "inherited" by brother's Daisy BB gun. Later, from money earned mowing yards, I bought my own BB gun.

The very first time I got to shoot a 'real' gun, was in basic training at
    Fort Lost-in-the-woods, Missouri. I was handed an M-14 and was "taught" how to shoot it. After four years in the service, I never really had a thing to do with guns until January 2012 when I bought my first pistol. I have learned a LOT since then and have had a LOT of fun at the range.

Better late than never, I guess.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    When my dad bought my older brother a BB gun, I got to join in the shooting in the basement, I think I was only in 4th grade at the time. Shot my first .22 rifle in the boy scouts at summer camp. Got my first pellet gun when I was in 8th grade, it was a Sheridan "Blue Streak". My dad had a buddy on the local pd, who arranged for my dad and I to shoot a .22 revolver at the police department's range. Started buying my own guns after I graduated college and started making enough money. First handgun was a Colt Python .357 in bright stainless, I still have it!

fyver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Just bought a Crossman air rifle for my two boys (12 and 7) for Christmas. Here's to making some great memories and the first of many guns to come!

Top Bottom