• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    Well I'm surprised no one said we are wearing tinfoil helmets. It ain't a conspiracy theory anymore , is it. For those of you who thought it was, boy were you wrong.

It has come to the point we're you can really trust NO ONE in a government position.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Well I'm surprised no one said we are wearing tinfoil helmets. It ain't a conspiracy theory anymore , is it. For those of you who thought it was, boy were you wrong.

It has come to the point we're you can really trust NO ONE in a government position.

The Senate still has to approve it for it to take effect within the US Borders which is unlikely.

Senators vow to oppose UN arms trade treaty | Fox News

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    I don't see this having any effect on me. Or any other American.

However, i did find one thing interesting. The entire point of this legislation is to keep arms out of the hands of the small-time bad guys who go around killing villages and such. My thought(very American of me) is "How are the villagers going to get guns now?" Sure, the "bad guys" will have to work a little harder, but the "good guys"/victems won't have any defensive guns at all! This will probably lead to even more genocides! But i guess the government of the country that sold the guns will pay a fine and all will be forgiven and forgotten. And there will still be millions killed.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Except that it is. The US isn't a signatory, and won't be since 2/3 of the Senate won't approve it, so it doesn't affect us. We aren't a rogue nation/terrorist state, so it doesn't affect anyone shipping to us. It doesn't give the UN any authority over the citizens of any nation, nor does it create new laws inside of any nation, so it doesn't affect any gun owner here in the slightest.

Feel free to actually read the treaty and see what it says.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Except that it is. The US isn't a signatory, and won't be since 2/3 of the Senate won't approve it, so it doesn't affect us. We aren't a rogue nation/terrorist state, so it doesn't affect anyone shipping to us. It doesn't give the UN any authority over the citizens of any nation, nor does it create new laws inside of any nation, so it doesn't affect any gun owner here in the slightest.

Feel free to actually read the treaty and see what it says.

That's how it reads but I don't see it being used in such a strict way.

Just seems like a way to cut off imports to the US by sanctioning countries who may export to us.

For that matter, if the ATT wasn't targeting gun owners, why is their statue a colt python? I wasn't aware it was ever a notable military service weapon?

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm sure it will be "SHOT " down by the Senate ........ God help us all, please deliver us from tyranny.

A majority of Senators already voted "no" in a symbolic vote earlier. The Senate never *has* to vote on it, and it dies that way. No way are 2/3 of the Senate going to approve it when 54 Senators already said "no".

Top Bottom