First Day at Nashville Appleseed (discussion)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    We had a beautiful day with blue skies and sunshine. INGO's own Techres and Lars were the instructors.

Here's a pic of Techres in his 'Zen teaching mode!'
    2djavti.jpg

Everything went well. There were the typical mechanical failures and ammo issues. Everyone got through those little distractions. My apologies to Kr_treefrog2 and Scutter01 for raining down hot .223 brass on them all afternoon!

There was tremendous overall improvement in the class from the first 'Redcoat' target at the start of today and the finishing shots on the same target!

More fun and lots of AQTs are planned for Sunday! :rockwoot:

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Mar 21, 2008
    My apologies to Kr_treefrog2 and Scutter01 for raining down hot .223 brass on them all afternoon!

The wounds are already healing nicely, thank you.

My AQT's were in the 180-190 range, but that was after an exhausting 11 hours of shooting. Hopefully I can score high enough tomorrow to make Rifleman.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    redCOAT target, Dave!!!!

Please do not shoot at the Red Hats!!! :eek: :scared:

Thanks very much,

Bill

Thanks for the catch BOR! My mistake. I'm overly tired.

To be clear; I do not advocate the shooting of little old ladies wearing red hats! They're just trying to have a good time! :D

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    I should have known the first Appleseed AAR this weekend would be on INGO and not at RWVA.org...

Sounds like you all had a good time and whack the AQTs tomorrow.

HH

Lars

Rifleman
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I'll write a proper report after I get home. I'm still at the hotel room an hour and a half south of home. In short however I'd like to mention that Techres did not leave with more holes than he came with, so LoveMyWoods' suggestion about shooting RedHats didn't get implemented.

To everyone who comes to INGO for the first time and reads this post because we met on the line at Nashville, IN, on April 17 and 18, 2010, Welcome! To you, and to those who came to Nashville, IN, in part because of INGO it was my privilege to have been on the line with you.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Mar 21, 2008
    To everyone who comes to INGO for the first time and reads this post because we met on the line at Nashville, IN, on April 17 and 18, 2010, Welcome! To you, and to those who came to Nashville, IN, in part because of INGO it was my privilege to have been on the line with you.

:+1:

It was a pleasure to have met you all.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Full report with pictures inbound. Sufficient to say, it was wonderful to spend time with amazing students, in amazing weather, exercising our freedoms and learning about where we come from.

Downloading pics now, also taking advil and wondering when I forgot about putting on suntan lotion.

I will leave this cliffhanger, we made more than a few riflemen this weekend at Nashville. Some have INGO usernames....

Back with report and pics ASAP...

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Mar 21, 2008
    Sheesh, you'd almost think he was proud of himself or something. ;)

Actually, no. I'm quite ashamed of myself, really. Yes, it was nice to score well on the AQTs, but I have not lived up to the legacy that has been left for me by the Founding Fathers and it's clear that I have some work to do.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Let's make an official AAR thread now.
    Creating a full AAR now.
    Be ready in 15 minutes.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Official AAR thread is created; six posts from this thread copied in; This thread name is about to be changed to "First day at Nashville Appleseed (discussion)"

Blessings,
    Bill

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom