• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Got out to the woods this morning and had this guy come by around 8:00am. I was on the fence about taking him since i've seen some bigger ones out there but his body size sealed his fate. The shot wasn't the greatest (hit the shoulder so minimum penetration) but still managed to take out one lung.

A long tracking job later and he was found. Typical 10 pt, #235!!! Now its time to rest the back as dragging him out about killed me. Luckily the land owner that he ended up expiring on gave me permission to retrieve him but asked that no vehicles were used and that i would wait to field dress him. I think some sausage is going to be headed his way before too long.

2012buck080.jpg

2012buck081.jpg

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Congrats

Congrats on a fine animal! I have to be honest. I wouldn't have been on the fence about that dude. Nice looking animal for sure. What broadhead were you using and how did it hold up against the shoulder?

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Thanks everyone.

Congrats on a fine animal! I have to be honest. I wouldn't have been on the fence about that dude. Nice looking animal for sure. What broadhead were you using and how did it hold up against the shoulder?

I was shooting rage 2 blade broadheads. I didn't find the broadhead (it was probably in the gut pile but I didn't feel like slicing a finger while digging), but the other half of the arrow showed about 8-10" of penetration. The blades did deploy and I had about a 1.25" entry with no exit. I'm pleased with the performance of them on the shoulder, the only other I've found that penetrated deeper on a shoulder were slick tricks.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Well done sir. That is a fine buck you harvested. I believe any deer taken with a bow is a trophy. This buck would be a good trophy bow or gun. :yesway:

Most importantly, he will eat well and feed your family which is what it's all about.

Good on you for sharing with the land owner.

tightlines

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    West of Indy
    congrats! Very nice buck. Considering the only buck I've seen this year was a small six I would love to see a deer like that, let alone stick one. Props to you for asking for permission to retrieve him.

kyron4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    congrats :rockwoot:

I drag all my deer out by old fasion man power, so I know how you feel. How far did he go after the shot , if you don't mind me asking ?

Top Bottom