• ...and so much more!
  • danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Anyone here have any idea of some "orange" part inside a Bersa/Firestorm .380? I bought a used one off of here from a fellow INGOer last weekend to replace my grandfathers' old gun. He's a Korean war veteran, and seems to know some, not much about firearms, and he went to show it to a friend and said that "everything on the gun is locked up", and he found a small orange cylinder? on the floor he thinks may go to the gun as well. I'll have it here tomorrow, but does anyone know anything about these Bersa/Firestorms? I found the link to the .pdf manual and looked over the exploded view, but being black & white I really can't tell what the part he's describing would be (especially orange?) and I'm struggling with that. Any and all help is appreciated as always, thanks in advance guys.

*** Here's the link to the owner's manual: http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/FIREARMS/firestorm_380.pdf

Eprobertson1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Lawrence - Northeast
    The only part of a Bersa that I remember being orange was the ramp in the Mag. I have owned several Bersa 380's but none of them had any orange items within them. If you can take a pic of the part, that would be great.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    The only part of a Bersa that I remember being orange was the ramp in the Mag. I have owned several Bersa 380's but none of them had any orange items within them. If you can take a pic of the part, that would be great.

I'll have the part as well as the gun back here tomorrow evening. If I can't figure it out by looking at it, I'll post a pic up here with it.

BTW- Have you had a chance to shoot that Jennings yet?

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    MY Bersa .380 doesn't have any orange parts. Not in the magazines either.
    Could it be a plastic part that prevents damage during shipping? I remember S&W putting one in the chamber of my old 915 many years ago.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    MY Bersa .380 doesn't have any orange parts. Not in the magazines either.
    Could it be a plastic part that prevents damage during shipping? I remember S&W putting one in the chamber of my old 915 many years ago.

I thought of that too, but being that gun was a third owner gun, that little chamber piece that new guns come with has to be long gone, I never saw it. I'm wondering what it could be, I took it apart, cleaned it, and looked it over and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. I'm just thankful that if in fact there is something wrong with the gun, he wasn't firing it when something went wrong. I'd never forgive myself. I should have the gun in my hands a little later this afternoon, I'll look it over and see what the issue is. If I can't figure it out, maybe I'll just send it in to Bersa and have the whole thing looked over and checked out. They seem to be well built, reliable little firearms for the money, so I'm kind of at a loss here.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Im sorry to hear that man. He hadn't even fired it yet? I'll keep an eye on this thread

No, neither of us has fired it, he just called me about it yesterday. The gun should be here later this afternoon. I don't think anything's really wrong with it, I don't know though. I wasn't going to say anything to you about it until I saw the gun first, especially if it's nothing.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Ok, ok, I should've waited until I had the gun in my possession before posting anything, I guess I got a little excited. It's perfectly fine, he just didn't have the magazine in all the way, keeping the hammer and trigger from doing anything. I don't have any idea what in the heck the part he gave me was from nor what it was for, but it certainly doesn't appear to be any part of this firearm whatsoever. Thanks to everyone for their input, crisis averted!

Eprobertson1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Lawrence - Northeast
    I'll have the part as well as the gun back here tomorrow evening. If I can't figure it out by looking at it, I'll post a pic up here with it.

BTW- Have you had a chance to shoot that Jennings yet?

I wonder if what he found was a part of the gun chamber flag. It is supplied by some gun manufactures to show the chamber empty.

Jennings - Not yet, but I do have grips on the way.

Last edited:

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I wonder if what he found was a part of the gun chamber flag. It is supplied by some gun manufactures to show the chamber empty.

Jennings - Not yet, but I do have grips on the way.

This looks nothing like any chamber flag I've ever seen, ever. Looking at it, there's just no way it is off of this firearm in any capacity I can fathom, it's too dissimilar in every way.

Top Bottom