• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Just got back online after a hard drive crash (no back-up, I know, I know, 50 lashes with a wet noodle for me) and have to start the internet security process all over again.

I've downloaded Firefox and installed the NoScript and AdBlock add ons, but I can't remember what else I had.

What are you suggestions? Also, a few months ago there was a thread with a link to a site that allowed Firefox users to change their skins. I searched but couldn't find it. Anybody remember that website?

TIA.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Flash Got or other similar add on....not that I would ever ever download anything that was only meant to be streamed.....

I use Flash and Video Download - also works on other Flash content.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Just got back online after a hard drive crash (no back-up, I know, I know, 50 lashes with a wet noodle for me) and have to start the internet security process all over again.

I've downloaded Firefox and installed the NoScript and AdBlock add ons, but I can't remember what else I had.

What are you suggestions? Also, a few months ago there was a thread with a link to a site that allowed Firefox users to change their skins. I searched but couldn't find it. Anybody remember that website?

TIA.
    Here ya go! This is the Firefox site and you can get to pretty much anything you need or want here. Check out the add ons, too. Lots of new stuff.

Firefox Browser | Free ways to customize your Internet

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    I have the following addons:

Download Healper
    Exif Viewer
    Personas
    No script
    Hide Bad
    Linky
    Adblock plus

AND REMEMBER YOUR PRIVACY SETTINGS!
    Automatically start firefox in private browsing mode or what ever its called

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    If you use multiple computers I recommend XMARKS. Syncs bookmarks to whichever computers you install it on.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Did you consider Spinrite for disk/data recovery? Might want to check it out.

One other security add-on you might want to consider is BetterPrivacy which clears flash cookies. They can stick around even when you clear normal cookies.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    How does this work? Do you make an account it saves them to or ?

Exactly. You create an account and they sync the book marks to your account. You then install the add-on to any computer you use ( I have two computers that are used by only me that I use it with ) and then it will sync the book marks on both computers. You can also do firefox saved password sync if you dare. I use it but I understand some people might not want to.

Serial Crusher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    I would use google chrome if they would implement some kind of settings or control panel. I also don't care for the inline auto-complete, it's one of a very few programs I use that have that, so I'm constantly tabbing to the other elements in the window.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    TrackMeNot - continually does searches with google/yahoo, etc. so that they can't find a pattern to your own searches. Casts about subterfuge/obfuscation, basically.

FoxyProxy - to, guess what, obscure your online presence. :)

ImageShack toolbar

1Password - great browser/mobile OS (iphone/palm) password keeper/generator.

second the xmarks

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    I think the skinning thing you are talking about is Personas.

Everyone else covered most of the add-ons I have as well. One I can add to the list is FireGestures. First learned of mouse gestures from the Opera browser. I use it to open a new tab, close a tab, forward/back, and refresh.

Top Bottom