• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Fineally got to shoot my springfield 1911 today. All i can say is wow! shot great! after i get some more ammo i look forward to shooting alot more. I think the 1911 will be my perminent carry gun.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Ill have to get some up here asap. me and my cousin did some shooting just at the standard silloute target. shoots a tad to the right. but hope to fix that by shooting more. ands its a mil spec. hoping to oneday maybe upgrade to a colt 1911

Respect21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    Which model 1911 do you have?

I've been looking at SA's selection for a while now and can't decide on which I want most.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Do not listen to people who tell you that going from a Springfield to a Colt is an upgrade. Maybe if you're talking about a hand fitted 1932 National Match. But current production Colts are no better than any other 1911 make.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    hopefully tomorrow ill get some pics up tomorrow. nothing fancy but man do i love it. my buddy wants one now so trying to help him get one

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    I've seen lots of complaints about Colts. Tunnel off center, sharp edges, dust cover rubbing. But they all seem to run, right out of the box.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Fineally got to shoot my springfield 1911 today. All i can say is wow! shot great! after i get some more ammo i look forward to shooting alot more. I think the 1911 will be my perminent carry gun.

I thought those outdated old dinosaurs where supposed to be finicky and unreliable. You're a lucky man getting one that works and all. Anyway, congrats on the springer. You made a good choice.

Drail said:
    Do not listen to people who tell you that going from a Springfield to a Colt is an upgrade. Maybe if you're talking about a hand fitted 1932 National Match. But current production Colts are no better than any other 1911 make.

BillD said:
    I've seen lots of complaints about Colts. Tunnel off center, sharp edges, dust cover rubbing. But they all seem to run, right out of the box.

Blasphemers!:xmad: How dare you try to reduce the venerable Colt company down to the level of it's lowly and woefully ordinary competitors?

No, seriously. Colt, Springfield and Kimber all make great pistols. There are some differences in their manufacturing processes and one of the companies uses a few more MIM parts then the others. But overall, Great pistols. I'm a die hard Colt guy. I think a little bit of deburring work and some dust cover rub are all part of the experience:D

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Agree on your choice of SA. They make a very good product. My suggestion for the perfect carry 1911 is the Lightweight Champion Operator. Lightweight alloy frame, commander length slide, light rail/tritium sights and a bushingless bull barrel. Takes all standard 1911 mags. Lightweight and very accurate.

Top Bottom