• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seawolfxix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2009
    Kansas City
    So, I'll be graduating in May with a degree in mechanical engineering. My dream job would be as some sort of technical sales rep for a large company that deals in guns or ammunition ... but I might settle for something more design-related if it came down to that.

What kind of companies are big enough that they might be recruiting right now? ATK is the only one that I've found so far.

243rem700

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I've been looking around for the same thing. Haven't found much. If you check Hornady's web site they have employment opportunities listed. I also would suggest emailing a company to find out how they take applications and if they are hiring. I did this with Shilen and Green Mountain barrels and when they found out I was interested they took my resume. I didn't hear back from anyone but all I had was an associates in MET at the time. I will try again when I get my bachelors in May of next year.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Have you tried looking at the individual manufacturer websites? Armalite I saw was hiring a while ago.
    Try them all
    Sig
    Hk
    Glock
    Armalite
    Bushmaster
    Barrett
    etc.etc.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    It is VERY tough to get into the firearms field right out of college. Most positions want experienced individuals. But good luck!

BTW, I 2nd the comment about Crane, but odds of getting an offer in the small arms dept are very slim. You'll have to start there but in a different dept and work your way up to it (I'm in that process right now).

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom