• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Firearm Combatives and Retention is one of my most under-appreciated courses. I don’t think I’ve done a great job of explaining the fighting situations this course is designed to address.

When you carry a gun in public (either concealed or open carry) it is not a magic talisman. If you find yourself in a fight you need to be aware that your gun can be taken from you either from your holster or from your hand.

\If you have to shoot someone with your carry gun, you might have to do it much closer than you want. After all, if someone is trying to hurt you, they are probably going to have to be close to you to do it. When you inject a gun into a fight at interpersonal distance, you need to make sure you keep your gun yours.

This class teaches and tests some techniques to retain your pistol both in and out of your holster.

The rest of the class is where we work ways to hit people with pistols. Why on earth would you hit someone with a pistol? That’s a great question! Well, you are probably hitting someone because you can’t shoot them. You can’t shoot them because your gun isn’t working properly. Maybe it’s jammed (malfunctioned) or it’s empty or you don’t have a safe shooting direction. Whatever your reason, you need to damage an attacker and your gun is already in your hand. How do you use that gun to the best effect?

So, in a nutshell, this class is about keeping your gun yours and hitting people with your gun in the event that that becomes necessary. It’s a good step toward addressing the reality of contact distance gunfights where your gun isn’t working.

I've already mentioned that I'm raising the tuition costs for classes next year. Also, because this course has historically been difficult to fill,
    I won't be teaching it again until the fall of 2013. If you want this type of training, you should register for this class coming up.

Hopefully I'll see some more INGOers in class.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Shay, it's a shame that this class isn't offered more, but I understand why. I see a lot of value in it and was going to sign up but after checking my work schedule it looks like I won't be able to make it.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    There is still room in this class.

You own enough guns. Dedicate one day and some cash to improving yourself and your ability to defend yourself.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Do you have to have taken the Intro to FoF to take this? I won a free class at your open house and Ive been waiting for my schedule to be open when an intro class was on the calendar.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Do you have to have taken the Intro to FoF to take this? I won a free class at your open house and Ive been waiting for my schedule to be open when an intro class was on the calendar.

Nope. No prerequisites for this class.

There's still room for you if interested.

Top Bottom