• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kcaskey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Cory,

Can you remove the finger grooves on a Taurus .45 and stipple it like you do the glocks???

Thanks in advance for the info...

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The grooves could probably be removed and the area made to look decent but I'm not sure about the polymer Taurus uses on their pistols. I'd have to see it in person to make an informed judgement.

What model is it? I can try to get my hands on one next weekend at the 1500 and make a determination.

kcaskey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    It is a 24/7 Pro. Thanks for offering to look at one and let me know. My fingers are to big for teh grooves; so I am really interested if it will work.

PM me when you find out if you would. We've meet at the 1500 before

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Picture for reference:

247-40BP-10.jpg

kcaskey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Nope, they are molded into the frame itself. Mine is slightlydifferent than the picture (I think) ahve to go look at ti. I don't remeber the fins being so pronounced on teh front. Seems like the finger grooves are deeper...

Are the rubber fins and wrap removable?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Nope, they are molded into the frame itself. Mine is slightlydifferent than the picture (I think) ahve to go look at ti. I don't remeber the fins being so pronounced on teh front. Seems like the finger grooves are deeper...

The 24/7 .45s don't have the rubber part shown on the .40 in the pic; the finger grooves are molded into the plastic grip.

247-45SSP-10.jpg

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Interesting.

If the polymer would accept it, I would have Cory remove the finger grooves, and then stipple it around the ribs/logo in the middle, but following the contours of the grip. Meaning don't take the stippling above the harsh line just below the mag release button.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    If the polymer would accept it, I would have Cory remove the finger grooves, and then stipple it around the ribs/logo in the middle, but following the contours of the grip. Meaning don't take the stippling above the harsh line just below the mag release button.

Putting it into words is tough, so I mocked something up using Cory's stipple job on my G19.

msd3q0.jpg

kcaskey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Thanks Shooter21 that is what it looks like and it is a .45.

I want exactley what esrice mocked up (THANKS), that would be perfect and fit my hand much better.

Cory...this is it!

Putting it into words is tough, so I mocked something up using Cory's stipple job on my G19.

msd3q0.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    kcaskey unfortunately I'm not going to be setting up at the show this weekend. Do you live near Indy, perhaps I can meet with you and take a look at the pistol?

Top Bottom