• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    At it again! Here is my latest creation. Started with a Gen3 and dremeled the finger grooves off. Its freak'n sweet! Here is some of my other projects: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/75442-stippled_my_g27.html

KIF_0615.jpg

KIF_0612-1.jpg

KIF_0629.jpg

KIF_0628.jpg

KIF_0627.jpg

KIF_0626.jpg

paulgl26

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    MOKENA
    i like it
    you saw my 32 too
    there are a lot a people that are against it
    but it feels good in my hand and it is a gun that i will hold on too

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    :hijack:

What dremmel attachment did you use to accomplish this? I have been trying to figure out how the best way to "shave" some plastic off of a plastic part that I have, but haven't yet experimented....and this looks like a good solution. (Thanks in advance).

On a more related note....that looks fantastic!! I happen to enjoy the finger grooves on mine, but wouldn't mind handling one like this to compare.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    I actually kinda like it. Don't care for the finger grooves all that much. What did you use to do the stippling?

A soldering iron.
    soldering20iron.jpg

:hijack:

What dremmel attachment did you use to accomplish this? I have been trying to figure out how the best way to "shave" some plastic off of a plastic part that I have, but haven't yet experimented....and this looks like a good solution. (Thanks in advance).

On a more related note....that looks fantastic!! I happen to enjoy the finger grooves on mine, but wouldn't mind handling one like this to compare.

A 'sanding drum' bit works pretty goood. Watch your speed though. Too fast and you will melt the plastic and too slow the bit will chatter and bounce around.
    dremel-drum.JPG

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Well done. The most important tool to start a stippling job, is a soldering iron. 2nd is balls. I had a pretty tired 23 and stippled it myself, aggressively. I've never loved it more. I also ground off some bits that I did not like. Mine is a Gen2 . So I lopped off the nubs at the front of the grip at the magwell, contoured the right side over the trigger to make me happy. Overall, Sure many will say I made my pistol worthless, to me, its priceless. It is mine.

DSC08345.jpg

ar15_dude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    40cal, excellent work.
    Those finger grooves just don't seem to line up with normal fingers on the compact models.

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    Still wainting to see a Glock with the triggergard "hook" ground off. Who is feeling brave?

I have a 27 that the former owner removed the "hook". Honestly, unless you really look hard, you really can't tell.

Crappy cell phone photo from the day I purchased it 2 years ago, but you can see there is no "hook".

glock27.jpg

MikeBear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Brazil, IN
    Well done. The most important tool to start a stippling job, is a soldering iron. 2nd is balls. I had a pretty tired 23 and stippled it myself, aggressively. I've never loved it more. I also ground off some bits that I did not like. Mine is a Gen2 . So I lopped off the nubs at the front of the grip at the magwell, contoured the right side over the trigger to make me happy. Overall, Sure many will say I made my pistol worthless, to me, its priceless. It is mine.

Being new at this, I didn't know how to put your commits into this post, but if it wasn't for someone to be artistic with there own equipment, there would be no advancement. To heck with those would put a negative value on your work.

Top Bottom