• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • heavyhitter1k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Having a hard time finding anything decently priced for 410 shotgun shells for the wife. Shotgun was handed down to me. This will be the 3rd generation to use it, and hopefully my wife will enjoy shooting with it vs my 12 ga.

Looking for some basic bird / skeet shooting shells. Everything I find is either way overpriced or is slug. Any help? Or is 410 outdated since all I keep finding are 20ga stuff??

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Well, consider loading your own, especially for Skeet. Skeet is one of those things that positively eats shotshells. I will say I don't save all that much when it comes to 12 ga as I once did but I save boatloads loading .410 bore. I wish I could tell you where to get some retail shells that are reasonable though. She must be a heck of a shot if she is using a .410 vs your 12 ga. I used a .410 as my subgauge shooting registered n it took me a bit of time making those scores I needed.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    .410 is far from outdated, just not as common as 20 and 12 are for target type shotshells. I know a few guys that shoot .410 sporting clays and skeet, as it makes for a bigger challenge, and as much as those guys shoot, they need a good challenge from time to time, lol.

Top Bottom