• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I finally took time this weekend to break in my personal range for the first time! Was only able to get the Hog Hunter out (still trying to get the house fixed up so limited time, the wife thinks I should be doing that instead:rolleyes:). But at any rate was a very good time an love the range just need to do a little more clean up an take care of the stump at the end. But all in all a good little outing and I cannot say ENOUGH good things about the Savage. Love that rifle! Managed to post a pretty nice group using handloads with the rifle. Cant wait to get a few of the other toys out and have a little bit of an extended range outing ;)

IMG_20140531_155027_633_zps1d208354.jpg

This was the best group from the day this was a 5 shot group at 120yrds using 68gr Hornady HPBT over 21.1gr of 8208XBR. Really liking this powder a lot! Just sucks trying to find it!

IMG_20140602_200936_796_zps96e3ea05.jpg

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Wait a minute! Wife? When did you get hitched? Dude, No, Seriously......:):

Oh ya. Cool range. I take it you moved on me too?

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I hear ya fellas. I got so tired of the idiots at the forestry range were I live I literally stopped going. So Im pretty stoked to get my range up an going. Gonna have to get a few buddies over for a range day after I get everything settled, lol.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Wait a minute! Wife? When did you get hitched? Dude, No, Seriously......:):

Oh ya. Cool range. I take it you moved on me too?

Not sure I follow what ya mean there lol.

Well the wedding is actually this Saturday but may as well already be my wife, lol

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Not sure I follow what ya mean there lol.

Well the wedding is actually this Saturday but may as well already be my wife, lol

Oh good I thought I missed something. Congrats. I take it your bride and you bought a new home.

maceace

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    NWI
    Air guns in the basement man. They're quiet, cheap, and don't emit toxic fumes when fired.
    Me and my brother had this at my parents house when we lived there, airguns and 22's were nice, the 22s were quiet enough that my dad could barely tell something was up while we were downstairs shooting, just build a nice backstop...

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Sweet.....Both the range and the rifle.

Congrates on the upcoming Nuptials.

My thoughts exactly!!! Enjoy it all, keep her shooting!!! Range looks great, my backyard is limited to 25 yards. Luckily my In laws property is only 3 minutes away and I can shoot whatever there. And the range I visit is only 15 minutes away since we moved last fall. Gotta love it!

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I hear ya fellas. I got so tired of the idiots at the forestry range were I live I literally stopped going. So Im pretty stoked to get my range up an going. Gonna have to get a few buddies over for a range day after I get everything settled, lol.

Congrats on the marriage!
    Yeah, Henryville/Clark State Forest get old very quickly... and I'd be happy to help you break in the range!

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    My thoughts exactly!!! Enjoy it all, keep her shooting!!! Range looks great, my backyard is limited to 25 yards. Luckily my In laws property is only 3 minutes away and I can shoot whatever there. And the range I visit is only 15 minutes away since we moved last fall. Gotta love it!

Will do buddy, Thanks!

Top Bottom