Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Agreed. What an f'n moron, too bad he probably won't lose any rights, his job, or get to blow bubba. Its a shame it took this POS so long to make headlines. What concerns me is that if one LEO was dumb enough to post these kind of feelings on the internet; how many LEO's secretly feel the same? :dunno: No offense to LEO, but this kind of stuff makes me nervous.

Boomer372

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    RIDICULOUS

What is the point of the ridiculous law behind this controversy anyway? Why carry openly if the weapon has to be unloaded. What are you supposed to do, throw it at the bad guy?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Boomer, O.K, safe to assume you're a younger guy?:D

Back in the 1960s California was a gun owners paradise. Very few laws, very high growth and high per capita income. Buy what you want and go shoot on BLM land.

All kinds of surplus dealers were going "great guns" in California. Golden State Guns was humming right along (recently subject to a historical profiled in Small Arms Review).

Then the political unrest hit California. In response to the riots and Black liberation movement (including Black Panthers carrying guns into the state house), Gov. Reagan signed the first wave of California's many, many gun laws.

The law was written to allow white farmers and ranchers to carry pistols, but load them when needed.

Boomer372

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    Yeah, somewhat younger, 37, but I can think just a little. Do I ask the bad guy for time to draw, load and then defend myself? Just about the same as keeping a weapon for home defense locked in a safe.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    That cop will only get pressure online. The vast majority of people who live there won't have a problem with his attitude, nor will most of his peers or superiors.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Agreed. What an f'n moron, too bad he probably won't lose any rights, his job, or get to blow bubba. Its a shame it took this POS so long to make headlines. What concerns me is that if one LEO was dumb enough to post these kind of feelings on the internet; how many LEO's secretly feel the same? :dunno: No offense to LEO, but this kind of stuff makes me nervous.

Agreed. THAT LEO is a moron. However, the vast majority of LEO's are pro 2A. We share the common belief that if the bad guys assumed that everyone had a gun, they would not commit 90% of the crimes that they do. With that in mind, I'm not offended, but will ask that you do not paint LEO's with the same broad brush that pro 2A people and gun owners like ourselves do not want to be painted with. Especially after some moron with a gun does something almost as stupid as this LEO did.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    With the individual in question and my knowledge of the area where he resides, I think it's much deeper than a gun rights issue. The "us vs. them" is institutionalized there, with many feeling an absolute sense of seperiority and disdain for common citizens. A private citizen having the audacity to exercise a privilege reserved solely to law enforcement and other elite in urban California is the real problem.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    What is the point of the ridiculous law behind this controversy anyway? Why carry openly if the weapon has to be unloaded. What are you supposed to do, throw it at the bad guy?

As far as I can tell, Open Carrying required the firearm to be unloaded, but I think that CC, is perfectly fine loaded, if someone can point me to correct California law, I would love to read into it.

INGunGuy

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    As far as I can tell, Open Carrying required the firearm to be unloaded, but I think that CC, is perfectly fine loaded, if someone can point me to correct California law, I would love to read into it.

INGunGuy

Try getting that CC permit, which is the problem.

Top Bottom