• Status
    Not open for further replies.

NickJ

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    It seriously took me forever to get 50 posts...and I fell like I'm on here alot. I think that at least 20 of my posts were deleted :(

BUT HEY, now I can post in the classifieds....go look..I wanna trade my rifle!!!!!!!!!!:rockwoot::popcorn::ingo::draw::ar15::patriot:

NickJ

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    WOW!!!! that should have been...but I just went and looked, and 4 had just been deleted!!! WTF INGO???? IM FREAKIN SUPPORTING YOUR SITE AND YOU DELETE MY ISH?????

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

No thanks, I'm not gay.

those are awesome! Welcome

thanks for the help yall

that ....is.....awesome!

That is just ridiculous!!!

(and 57 other posts EXACTLY like them)

Yup. Really adding to the site, there. :rolleyes: Congrats on finally getting 50 posts. Enjoy the classifieds. Sorry you couldn't find anything else of use or interest on the site.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Oh, and you've already been trading in the classifieds as evidenced by your PM to me a month ago, complaining that you couldn't leave feedback for the person you bought from.

NickJ

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Ok...am I not even allowed to look at the classifieds until I have 50 posts??? And I think it's funny how it's not ok for me to say "Welcome!", yet everyone else can? I have posted reviews that were multi-paragraphs long, so it's not like I'm intentionally posting multiple one line posts.

NickJ

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    And WOW....I was responding to people's posts..I didn't feel the need to say more than one line...especially cause 75% of the posts by other were ONE LINERS

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    No, not everyone else can either.

Sir, take a look at the rules. 50 quality posts. That is ALL that is required or become a site supporter. It is evident that you are here for the classifieds. I'm disappointed that some of our members MAY have sold you items when you weren't at 50 posts. We are a gun forum first and then a classifieds area second. Classifieds are for our contributing members. A bunch of one liners is not a contribution. But of course, by the time you are finished complaining about it you will be at 50 so the point will be moot.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Ok...am I not even allowed to look at the classifieds until I have 50 posts??? And I think it's funny how it's not ok for me to say "Welcome!", yet everyone else can?

Well, since you're going to complain that we won't change the rules to suit your convenience, and it's clear you never bothered to read them, I'll go ahead and quote the relevant ones here:

Classifieds:
    In order to participate in the classifieds section you must have a quality post count of 50 or more. This policy is in place to help weed out scammers/spammers and gives our members a chance to get a feel for you as a board member. Do not attempt to gain access to the classifieds by posting a bunch of "one liners". That will not work. Thank you and enjoy the classifieds!

INGO FAQ:

Why do I have to have 50 "quality" posts to be able to send a PM to a member or to post in the Classifieds section of the forum? What is a "quality" post anyway?
    This is really two separate questions, but they frequently get asked together, so it's a little easier to answer them together.

For the first question: the short answer is "to reduce spam." We created this forum to be a community of firearms enthusiasts in the state of Indiana. It is first and foremost a place where like-minded people can get together and chat about a topic that is relevant to them and that they are passionate about - firearms (of all types). We added the Classifieds section as a perk to our contributing members so that individuals could buy, sell or trade items (not necessarily firearms related) within the Indiana firearms community.

We do not intend for the Classifieds section to become another "Craigslist" or "eBay" for guns. We're also not interested in boosting our membership numbers with people who are here to grab a deal out of the Classifieds and then vanish forever (something that happens all too frequently). We require 50 "quality" posts because many of our members do not like to do business, especially in regards to firearms, with people they do not know. Posting in other places in the forums can give members an idea of what kind of person you are (in general). You do not have to necessarily post about firearms. You can spend all of your time posting on the silly threads in the Break Room. The idea is to show us a little bit of your personality. You don't have to give us your life history. A small blood sample will suffice. ;)

As far as "quality" of your posts goes, we just want to see something more than a "one-liner" in response to a thread. In some contexts, a "one-liner" is appropriate. For example, if the topic is "What do you carry?" a response of "G19, 3:00" is entirely acceptable. However, 50 "Welcome!" posts in the Intro & Greetings forum may not be construed that way when you yourself are brand new to the forum and then you subsequently head straight to the Classifieds section. In other words, we would like to see a post that actually contributes to the thread and not something that just takes up space.

Just to be clear, any "welcome" post in the Intro forum will be deleted if you do not have 50 quality posts yet and it is not your own intro thread. However, you will find that once you get past the initial water-testing phase, INGO actually has a very welcoming community around here. In fact, one of our members created a whole thread giving a proper welcome for our new members: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_...r_newbies.html. Be sure to check it out!

50 posts?! REALLY?!
    Recently, Fenway has decided to offer a way around the 50 post requirement, and that is to become a Site Supporter. His feeling is that becoming a supporter will give you a vested interested in helping the site and reduce the likelihood that you will spam the board. See this link for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/site_s..._are_here.html

And, the Intro forum posting guideline:

Also keep in mind that "newbies" (new members with fewer than the required 50 posts) may NOT welcome other members in an effort to reach their 50 post requirement.

I'm sorry if you find these rules far too onerous for you to make 100% free use of our site's classified section at no charge to you without cost. They work well for us.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Yea, and now I'll have to repost my rifle in the classifieds because you just had to be such a BAMF on this *forum, and delete my QUALITY, multi-lined, pictures included..classified ad. Hope you feel like a BIIIIG MAAAN

I can see you're going to have a short career here.

Also, I'm not the one that deleted your posts.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Yea, and now I'll have to repost my rifle in the classifieds because you just had to be such a BAMF on this *forum, and delete my QUALITY, multi-lined, pictures included..classified ad. Hope you feel like a BIIIIG MAAAN

Careful, people have been banished for less. I wouldn't throw stones in a glass house...err....something to that extent. Just carry on, and take it for what it is.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom