• ...and so much more!
  • jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    Just reloaded for the first time.

Reloaded 150 rounds of 38 special using 125gr Rainer copper plated flat nose over 4.8 grains of Accurate #2.

Shot the first 50 at wilbur wright today before loading the rest, seemed accurate enough, but I was in a hurry since it wasn't too nice out.

Also loaded a box of .357mag using the same bullets/powder except the charge was 6.8 grains. I haven't got to try them yet.

Cost per round is approximately 20 cents I believe, mainly cause I had to settle for some high prices just to get components in.

Hopefully I can find some cheaper stuff at the 1500 next weekend, I need some more brass (I'd like to have a 1000rds saved up for a rainy day) as well as bullets and/or casting equipment/supplies, a different type of powder, and maybe some factory ammo..

It feels good!

glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    welcome to the reloading club. I was able to test my 38 loads last weekend and came home and loaded 150. I need to do some 357 now.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I've been wanting to start reloading for some time now... I'm just waiting for the ammo supply to catch up with demand. My evil plan is to score a Dillon 650 for $100 when people can easily find ammo at their local Wally Mart.

yeah, I may be waiting a while.:rolleyes:

rookie0014

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    kokomo
    glad to hear someone else has got in to reloading. We are few but starting to make a come back. But be carefull you will get hooked and shoot to much just to reload and you will buy more guns in diff. cals. just so you can get more dies and supplies. good luck and have fun.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Being fairly new myself, welcome to the world. I haven't tried my hand at reloading handgun ammo yet, but have enjoyed learning and working with many rifle loads. Good luck.
    Kevin

Reloading for handguns is a snap compared to rifle. No case prep to speak of. As long as you use carbide dies you won't have to lube cases either, but some do. Progressive machines really come into their own with handgun loading. The only thing about handgun ammo is the possibility of a double charge exists as many pistol powders don't fill the pistol cases like rifle powders fill the rifle cases.

Top Bottom