Fifth Circuit Won't Revisit Its Earlier Precedent Holding Illegal Aliens Lack Second Amendment Rights

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rick Mason

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2019
    Lake County

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Letting illegals run wild in the US with guns is ridiculous and indefensible.
    You have to blame the libturd Democraps headed by those idiots Biden and Harris for the illegal aliens running wild with guns in the street!
    If you don’t believe that statement just go look at the Venezuelan armed gangs taking over apartment buildings in Aurora, Colorado. See the national news reports and observe the incompetent mayor of that town babble on with his ridiculous response to the problem. WTF!
    The Democraps are the source of all evil in the USA! :horse:

gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Fifth Circuit Won't Revisit Its Earlier Precedent Holding Illegal Aliens Lack Second Amendment Rights <<< LINK

Moreover, it's already well established that illegal aliens do not have Second Amendment rights. Illegal aliens don't qualify under the definition of "the people" set forth in Verdugo-Urquidez and Heller—not as a matter of common sense or Court precedent.

It is in the best interests of all that illegal aliens do not have encouragement to cross our borders.
    Could this open the door against any non citizen regarless if they have a work visa or anything else?. Constitutional rights should only be granted to US citizens, but it's always been granted to anyone on American soil.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You need sources to show you that the Constitution applies to non-citizens?

Read the article Rick posted.

Here is one.
    Moreover, it's already well established that illegal aliens do not have Second Amendment rights. In United States v. Verdugo-Urquidez (1990), the Court noted that "the people" is "a term of art employed in select parts of the Constitution"—namely, the First, Second, Fourth, Ninth, and Tenth Amendments. The term "refers to a class of persons who are part of a national community or who have otherwise developed sufficient connection with this country to be considered part of that community."
    Enter the country illegally and you are not one of the people.

I'm sure if you did a search you would find that there are a number of other decisions spelling that out.

Personally, I find it surprising that anyone would think the founders only thought that citizens should have protection for the basic human rights granted them by their creator.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I know my opinion is not likely to be popular, but here it is anyway. It is in two parts:

First, the only right afforded to citizens exclusively should be voting. All others, including the right to keep and bear arms, extend to everyone, whether they're here legally or not.

Second, you owe me $5.00.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Personally, I find it surprising that anyone would think the founders only thought that citizens should have protection for the basic human rights granted them by their creator.
    And I find it surprising that anyone would think the protections of the Constitution would be afforded to anyone who was not a citizen of these United States. Something they had just fought and died to create.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    And I find it surprising that anyone would think the protections of the Constitution would be afforded to anyone who was not a citizen of these United States. Something they had just fought and died to create.
    Let me know when you find the word citizen in the Bill of Rights.

Here's one step further for you. In those days there was no concept of illegal alien, so the rights would have applied to everyone in the country except slaves.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Let me know when you find the word citizen in the Bill of Rights.

Here's one step further for you. In those days there was no concept of illegal alien, so the rights would have applied to everyone in the country except slaves.
    The word citizen in the BoRs isn't needed. The Constitution itself is only applicable to those who are citizens of the Nation which the document defines.

We are not going to agree on this subject, so I'll just stop here.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The word citizen in the BoRs isn't needed. The Constitution itself is only applicable to those who are citizens of the Nation which the document defines.

We are not going to agree on this subject, so I'll just stop here.
    I understand you think it should be that way, but it never has and never will. I'm kind of surprised that they have ruled the 2nd Amendment doesn't apply to illegals, as the courts have previously found that other rights do apply.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I understand you think it should be that way, but it never has and never will. I'm kind of surprised that they have ruled the 2nd Amendment doesn't apply to illegals, as the courts have previously found that other rights do apply.

I believe legal versus illegal should be the Line in the Sand. Illegal, the only right you should have is humane treatment during your deportation. The fact that prior courts have "found" rights that apply to illegals does not make it .... right.

Top Bottom