• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • movevio

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    So my long time friend who was a FFL holder has finally succumbed to cancer and passed away. apart for the emotional loss i am now with out a dealer who expects a 30% mark up. my question is that how involved is it to get a FFL or is there anyone who is willing to be my dealer. i have looked into the FFL and i have seen several "kits" to buy that will help in the process of getting it and am a little baffled. any information is greatly appreciated. thanks

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    first off where are you located that might help some who would be willing to "become your dealer"

second, i just recieved my FFL in the mail yesterday and i started the process last febuary... had to set up an LLC, get a retail merchancts certificate, zoning approval, forms forms forms... unless you are getting an FFL to make a profit, then things are working against you from day one.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    So my long time friend who was a FFL holder has finally succumbed to cancer and passed away. apart for the emotional loss i am now with out a dealer who expects a 30% mark up. my question is that how involved is it to get a FFL or is there anyone who is willing to be my dealer. i have looked into the FFL and i have seen several "kits" to buy that will help in the process of getting it and am a little baffled. any information is greatly appreciated. thanks

Go to Gunbroker and put in your zip code and you will get a list of FFL's in your area.

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Sorry to hear about your friend. If you decide to go for an ffl my advice is to not purchase the "kits" out there. Waste of money in my opinion. I bought one and it told me nothing that I already did not know or could not have found on the atf's web site.

XDs4me

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I agree the kits are waste of money. I just applied for mine . we will see how long it takes. Indy gun works is right a ton of paper work.Let us know where you live. I am in Portage and if that works for you I would be glad to be your dealer when I get set up. From what Ive heard if all your paper work is in order its about 6-8 weeks. I plan on giving good deals to Ingo members.

movevio

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    my zip code is 47006 i live in batesville and i would be willling to drive up to an hour any direction if we can work something out
    thanks for the input so far

Top Bottom