• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Does anyone have an opinion on who to go to if I want to purchase a weapon off of gunbroker? [Indianapolis area]

I was trying to get a Taurus 617 but haven't seen one floating around. So I wanted to order one. It's 20 bucks to ship, so I'm looking to see the different transfer fees around town.

Did a search on here, but all I got was "Sorry... blah blah blah"

Thanks guys.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Does anyone have an opinion on who to go to if I want to purchase a weapon off of gunbroker? [Indianapolis area]

I was trying to get a Taurus 617 but haven't seen one floating around. So I wanted to order one. It's 20 bucks to ship, so I'm looking to see the different transfer fees around town.

Did a search on here, but all I got was "Sorry... blah blah blah"

Thanks guys.

Tactical Shotgunner does them for $20 I think

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Well, if it's pretty much the 20 dollar range that's fine. Gander Mtn. is probably closest to me, though, so maybe I'll call them and see if they do it.

I've just heard of some places charging a certain percent of the gun's value to do it. Which, for a $300 gun probably wouldn't be bad, anyway.

Also, do I have to pay a sales tax somewhere in this transaction? It's a used gun, so I don't think there will be tax from the auction. But you can be taxed for anything these days, it seems.

alluwant

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    i wouldnt give gander a call they told me they do it for 75. because they want you to order it through them i think bradis is 20 dollars

viiiupndhead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Auburn
    In Fort Wayne area $20 is about standard. I heard a story recently about a guy who didn't pay sales tax on a FFL transfer and got caught. I guess the IRS audited the shop that did the transfer then went asking questions. Not sure how viable the story is but something to think about.

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    You will have to pay IN sales tax at time of transfer.My dad used to not charge tax on a transfer and the Indiana revenue people hit him for it and he had to pay the taxes on every transfer he had done up til that date. Believe me they want their money!

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Plenty of choices here in Indy. I use Aszerigan for transfers. He's an INGO advertiser, Profire Arms and Supply. He's reasonable (was running a $10 special in September, not sure if he's still running it), and a good guy.

TheGunDen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Shelbyville IN
    As long as you purchase from out of state you do not pay sells tax on any transfer. We charge 20.00 located in shelbyville. Thats about the going rate around here.

gunwh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    your doing to the wrong shops then i guess try class 3 sales for the $20 transfers.
    the only time we charge more is if its an in stock item.

ar15junkie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Behind enemy lines
    your doing to the wrong shops then i guess try class 3 sales for the $20 transfers.
    the only time we charge more is if its an in stock item.

If you're near south bend, thats about an hour drive for me. Do you guys keep your website updated? Have you thought about becoming a paid advertiser here at ingo?

Top Bottom