• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    AS to helmets. It is your choice to use or avoid. When I rode any of my Jap scrap I wore all the gear I had. When tooling on the Harley's not so much unless state I was in had helmet laws.
    Looking back I was very lucky not to have popped my melon on several occasions and the worst one I was wearing all my gear. If not I would be a memory.
    No, helmets will not fix or stop the stupidity of others but you may live through it if you wear one.
    If not, you can at least have open casket.
    We again send prayers to the rider and his family.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Sir, I'm afraid you have violated the HIPPA act. It didn't take long for people to figure out who you were referring to.
    If it hadn't been for you, we would likely not have known that this INGOer had been in an accident.
    It is for family/friends or the patient to let people know about their medical issues.
    (and ask for thought and prayers if desired).
    I hope in the future you refrain from exposing information about people you care for.
    As a medical professional you must follow different rules than other members.
    This is a serious issue.
    You should take this very seriously.

Unless your purple is broken...
    IMG_1496.JPG

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Sir, I'm afraid you have violated the HIPPA act. It didn't take long for people to figure out who you were referring to.
    If it hadn't been for you, we would likely not have known that this INGOer had been in an accident.
    It is for family/friends or the patient to let people know about their medical issues.
    I hope in the future you refrain from exposing information about people you care for.
    This is a serious issue.

It's HIPAA... huge pet peeve of mine. Patients at CVS always go on and on about how we are violating HIPPO. If people are going to complain about it, I want them to at least be able to spell/pronounce it. Knowing anything about it...that's another thing entirely.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    As a former rice rocket owner and survivor of a couple of "fall down , go booms", one at about 60 mph, I can vouch for the helmet wearing. If not for the full face Bell I was wearing, had I survived, I wouldn't be nearly as pretty. And would probably need fed through a tube. Please wear your brain bucket. There are usually people in your life who care and it would be unkind to hurt them unnecessarily.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    Is it possible OP told the patient that he would post on INGO and they guy said "ok"? I can't stand HIPAA personally.

I have never actually met HIPAA, but from what I here he isnt very sociable, and keeps lots of secrets. (could not help it)

Im sure the .gov knows all meds taken as well as history. Soon all DNA as well.

infiremedic07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Lapel/Noblesville
    Actually I did not violate HIPPA. I did not state who he was and what his injuries were or his medical history.The information about who he is was posted on the news channels facebook pages and was stated by his family. Nothing I said was any different than what was available on a news release. Just because some.people are able to use googlefu does not constitute any violation on my part. His name is a matter of public record when he crashed.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    This is a serious issue.

What a *******...

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Even though it was caught by the "Filter", it is still against the Rules to Insult other Members. Consider this the "In Thread Warning". Any further violations will result in the thread being closed, and the offender being temp banned.

Thank you

d30carls

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Cicero, IN
    infiremedic07;4306600l said:
    Without violating any HIPPA rules please pray for a fellow ingoer who was seriously injured in an accident his motorcycle while on a mission to find some .22lr. I had the dubious pleasure of taking care of him and would just say that he needs some prayer.

Thank you and the other 1st responders at the sceen infiremedic07 it was me involved in the accident. Thatk you all for the prayers as I still have. Not seen the
    inside of my home since still living at the hospital going through lots. Of therapy to get. Up and moving again so I can get home and be with my wife and 3&4 year old sons who I miss so much. For the guys debating over the. Type of bike it was a 03gsxr 600 with a 750 swap streched lowered with tons of chrome and it was my baby as for as to who was / wasn't at fault I'm just going to say I don't believe it was an intentional incident just the lack of looking before u turn infront of people and as many of us on here. Ride as well remember to look twice before you make any moves on the road weather it. Is a car bike. Moped or bicycle stay off your phones and other distractions while on the road

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    No names were named by this individual. No identifying characteristics. No nothing other than "an INGO member" and "motorcycle," I don't believe that qualifies as HIPAA violation.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Thank you and the other 1st responders at the sceen infiremedic07 it was me involved in the accident. Thatk you all for the prayers as I still have. Not seen the
    inside of my home since still living at the hospital going through lots. Of therapy to get. Up and moving again so I can get home and be with my wife and 3&4 year old sons who I miss so much. For the guys debating over the. Type of bike it was a 03gsxr 600 with a 750 swap streched lowered with tons of chrome and it was my baby as for as to who was / wasn't at fault I'm just going to say I don't believe it was an intentional incident just the lack of looking before u turn infront of people and as many of us on here. Ride as well remember to look twice before you make any moves on the road weather it. Is a car bike. Moped or bicycle stay off your phones and other distractions while on the road

Glad to hear you're alive and recovering.

It's a long haul to get back to baseline as I'm sure you're finding out quickly. I've been there.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Get well soon!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Good luck to you in rehab.
    I agree that we have too many distractions these days. It is one of the many reasons the wife and I sold our bikes. We have grand kids now and they are all important.

Top Bottom