• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kyotekilr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    down wind
    Just testing the waters about how u guys feel about feelers in the classifieds. I don't really want to commit to anything here. This is only a feeler.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Well, I mean, I guess they are ok, but again, I dont know. Really hard to be sure. I mean you could ask I guess, but at the same time you are unsure what to ask.

I dont know.

Last edited:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    When you place an Ad you are supposed to pick WTS, WTT or WTS/WTT so Feelers don't really make sense. I can understand if someone is not sure about what they want to trade for but if you advertise something you should have already made up your mind about selling or trading it. IMHO YMMV :twocents:

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Feeler? Do you have pictures of the feeler? There's all kinds of feelers on craigslist but they all want roses for payment. Seems risky to me.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    so to be the OBVIOUS NOOB on this post, what is a FEELER?? LOL

It is a classified ad, usually posted WTT so no cash price is required in which the item listed is not exactly for sale, but you are offered the opportunity to take it home if you make a ridiculously high offer for it. In some cases we could be more charitable and rightly conclude that part of the issue is that the seller doesn't have a good idea what it is worth is and not really committing to selling it, but it isn't that difficult to do some research.

In the end, an item should either be for sale/trade or not for sale/trade (and if not for sale/trade, not listed in the classifieds) and this basically is a way to have one leg on each side of the fence.

Top Bottom