Not open for further replies.

fwgun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2012
    Noblesville, Indiana
    If this already exist let me know!

I live in Fort Wayne, Indiana and notice there are a lot of people in Fort Wayne that use this site. I was thinking about starting up a monthly meetup where all of us gun enthusiast get together at a range and just shoot & have fun.

Could be a good chance to sell / buy guns from other people and just get to learn about a lot of the guns out there.

If you are interested, please reply to this post or send me a PM. If I can get at least 5 people interested in it then we can set something up.

Thanks!

fwgun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2012
    Noblesville, Indiana
    So far I have 3 people, talk to your friends and lets try to get a few more to agree to it.

Once we have enough I'll send a PM to everyone who wants to go, with a time, date & location to meet at. I am thinking either Roush lake or hillside shooting.

fwgun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2012
    Noblesville, Indiana
    I have 5 people on the list now, I'm gonna keep this open for a little longer and see if we can get a few more into it just to have a diverse group there. Thanks!

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have 5 people on the list now, I'm gonna keep this open for a little longer and see if we can get a few more into it just to have a diverse group there. Thanks!

You might keep this open until you post the date of first meet... Some might be away for the long holiday weekend.

With a few days advanced notice, I would be up for this idea...

fwgun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2012
    Noblesville, Indiana
    Ok there are 8 people now, I think that is enough just to get started with something, anyone else feel free to join in too just post on here so I can keep track of how many people are coming.

I am thinking about having the first one at Hillside Shooting Sports in Roanoke, IN. Only thing is the rifle range and handgun ranges are seperate a little bit, so we probably would have to do handgun first, then move everyone over to rifle if you bring one... thoughts?

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Always ready to shoot.

Sounds like a good idea. I may not be able to make every one, but I will make every one I can. It is always a good time shooting with INGO members. Keep us posted.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Please help me to understand how the monthly meets at FWRR or other gun clubs are not what you guys are looking to do. At all monthly meets, there is a group of friends who take turns shooting, talking, helping each other, teasing each other about their score, getting up to speed on personal matters, making plans for the next meet, telling jokes and just having fun together. Sometimes,we light up the barbecue afterward.

I will say it again, all of you are invited to join the party. Rifle or pistol, a bunch of friends get together very month.....

There is no need to re-create the wheel, I don't think.

www.fwrr.us

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN USA
    Please help me to understand how the monthly meets at FWRR or other gun clubs are not what you guys are looking to do. At all monthly meets, there is a group of friends who take turns shooting, talking, helping each other, teasing each other about their score, getting up to speed on personal matters, making plans for the next meet, telling jokes and just having fun together. Sometimes,we light up the barbecue afterward.

I will say it again, all of you are invited to join the party. Rifle or pistol, a bunch of friends get together very month.....

There is no need to re-create the wheel, I don't think.

www.fwrr.us

would love to join the fwrr, if it wasn't an hour away. My wife grew up near there, maybe she would be interested enough to tip my scale.:dunno:

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    would love to join the fwrr, if it wasn't an hour away. My wife grew up near there, maybe she would be interested enough to tip my scale.:dunno:

You don't have to be a member. We have people come from Michigan and Ohio and all over Indiana to join in the fun. Most are not members. Some later choose to be but membership is not required.:dunno:

Membership is only needed for the days that matches are not scheduled so you can open the gate and use the range alone.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Sounds good to me. We have had at least a dozen meetups in Fort Wayne over the last couple years and all have went really well. There are a lot of great folks that I have met at all the past meetups. Always am looking forward to the next one. I may not be able to make every one, but would attend any that my schedule allows. :ingo:

fwgun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2012
    Noblesville, Indiana
    Ok it looks like we have a pretty good amount of people that are interested in it now. About 15 people have shown interest in it so I think it is worth doing one and seeing how many people show up. I will send a PM to everyone so they notice the date and time, along with posting it on here so everyone sees it.

I am working on figuring out a date (most likely a saturday) and a time. I am going to split up the time so the first part is handgun, then we move to the rifle range, since they are separated by 2 walls.

Let me know if you have any questions, I will announce the date & time by tomorrow.

I think I am going to host the first one at Hillside Shooting Sports in Roanoke, IN.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom