• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Exo594

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    I don't have the time to read through the entirety of the Federalist Papers (someday soon, hopefully), but I would like to know which essays in TFP deal with armed citizenry as they/it applies to 2A and the government, so that I can read those selections.

The Federalist Papers - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
    For anyone who hasn't read them, ^ is a link to copies of each essay individually.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    You would be better served reading the anti-federalist papers.... Practically every prediction the anti-federalists made has come true.

From anti-federalist paper 29:
    As this government will not enjoy the confidence of the people, but be executed by force, it will be a very expensive and burdensome government. The standing army must be numerous, and as a further support, it wilt be the policy of this government to multiply officers in every department; judges, collectors, tax-gatherers, excisemen and the whole host of revenue officers, will swarm over the land, devouring the hard earnings of the industrious like the locusts of old, impoverishing and desolating all before them. . . .

Top Bottom