• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    We are one Supreme Court justice being smothered dying unexpectedly on vacation from that no longer being true. Given the handling of the election fraud cases, I'm not even sure that is true with the current nine

The Trey Gowdy video is correct, once political corruption infects an institution, bitter experience tells us that you burn it down and start again - whether it is the FBI and DoJ or the Republican Party and CoC

Reform just becomes a band aid mostly useful to put the gangrene out of sight/out of mind
    Well we can simply disagree on the first paragraph. I just don't see any grounds that could possibly be used in a challenge before SCOTUS to uphold an attempt to bar a presidential candidate using a law which is outside the scope of Constitutional requirements to run for POTUS.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well we can simply disagree on the first paragraph. I just don't see any grounds that could possibly be used in a challenge before SCOTUS to uphold an attempt to bar a presidential candidate using a law which is outside the scope of Constitutional requirements to run for POTUS.
    Did you see any grounds for a 'right to abortion' to be found within the constitution? Yet in 1973, there we were

To paraphrase Stalin, it is more important who interprets the law rather than what the law is thought to be

I have much less faith in ANY judge appointed in the last 40 years being able to rise above the ideology that got him/her/it considered for appointment in the first place. That is why I see it as important to appoint as many judges as possible at all levels when we control the levers of power. Such changes are longer lasting than any administration and serve to help stem the tide of creeping communism

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I would look to attempts to keep him off the ballot in as many states as possible via court challenges within that state, and I would look for them to start only a few months before Nov 2024 to allow as little time as possible to respond in order to achieve fait accompli like they did with election law changes in 2020

I think the only reason they went after Trump now instead of 2 years from now was they can see their ability to launch ANY investigation will soon come to an end, so they need to get one up and running so it is harder to kill. If enough incoming Republicans in 2022 have not learned to take no prisoners and the urge to be seen as nice guys takes the fore, we are still ****ed even after a red wave
    I think the timing now has to do with midterms. Get people to associate Trump endorsed candidates with whatever "criminality" they can pin on Trump. Maybe even find ways to exclude them from the ballot by November.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Did you see any grounds for a 'right to abortion' to be found within the constitution? Yet in 1973, there we were

To paraphrase Stalin, it is more important who interprets the law rather than what the law is thought to be

I have much less faith in ANY judge appointed in the last 40 years being able to rise above the ideology that got him/her/it considered for appointment in the first place. That is why I see it as important to appoint as many judges as possible at all levels when we control the levers of power. Such changes are longer lasting than any administration and serve to help stem the tide of creeping communism
    How can the Constitutional requirements to run for POTUS be interpreted in any other way? There is no such condition to hang their hat on that allows for disqualification based on a criminal conviction is what I'm saying

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Heard on Clay and Buck a bit ago: DJT had his passport seized?

Edit: an Official (AKA "the red shoot me first passport") could have been seized because the warrant was just that vague. The blue passport? WTAF-over??!!

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    How can the Constitutional requirements to run for POTUS be interpreted in any other way? There is no such condition to hang their hat on that allows for disqualification based on a criminal conviction is what I'm saying
    And bug is saying they can do what they want and suggested roe proved that they could. I would add that “shall not be infringed“ seems pretty clear also, but we all know what they have done with that…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    And bug is saying they can do what they want and suggested roe proved that they could. I would add that “shall not be infringed“ seems pretty clear also, but we all know what they have done with that…
    Well, I guess SCOTUS can say certain conditions not found within the scope of the Constitutional requirements to run for POTUS are allowable. Sorry about your luck DJT. but SCOTUS says you suck.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Well, I guess SCOTUS can say certain conditions not found within the scope of the Constitutional requirements to run for POTUS are allowable. Sorry about your luck DJT. but SCOTUS says you suck.
    Pretty much what many fear since they have felt burned so many times by SCOTUS…

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN

Even then, what we think we see isn’t always what we get (to wit, Chief Justice Roberts).

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I think the timing now has to do with midterms. Get people to associate Trump endorsed candidates with whatever "criminality" they can pin on Trump. Maybe even find ways to exclude them from the ballot by November.
    If so, that plan will prove to be spectacularly futile.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Heard on Clay and Buck a bit ago: DJT had his passport seized?

Edit: an Official (AKA "the red shoot me first passport") could have been seized because the warrant was just that vague. The blue passport? WTAF-over??!!
    Sounds like they took them all. :dunno:

1660591749680.png

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I've been told on INGO that all faith in Trump is blind faith, so I'm not sure what you postulate would be a sound strategy

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The constitution gives the states sole control over election procedures through state legislatures, yet state officials usurped that authority in 2020 and SCOTUS, as it is currently constituted, declined to hear almost all appeals on procedural grounds

That situation, too, hangs on unambiguous constitutional language, yet they looked the other way

I think 'The Supreme Court will save us' will tun out to be much like 'The Senate will save us' - which is to say buy your Vaseline at Sam's Club

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Did SCOTUS make a ruling in those election fraud cases or did they just decline to take the appeal?

How does that go?

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice"

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Did SCOTUS make a ruling in those election fraud cases or did they just decline to take the appeal?

How does that go?

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice"
    Either way if they chose to allow or ignore it they are turning a blind eye to the nuclear fallout that would surely follow if Trump were barred from running especially after the 2020 screw job.

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I don't believe anyone was barred from running in that election. That is what we are talking about.
    I was talking about the speed of the SCOTUS review when a Presidential election is at stake, not the intracacies of the case. Lighten up, I was agreeing with you about it being fast tracked.

Reactions: KG1

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I was talking about the speed of the SCOTUS review when a Presidential election is at stake, not the intracacies of the case. Lighten up, I was agreeing with you about it being fast tracked.
    Got it. Guess I was kinda shell shocked from all the incoming for a bit and misread it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom