• ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    and the judge signed off on it.
    This is not being said to you, just using this point for a jumping off point. I keep hearing people say “Trump appointed the judge” in many situations, from Russia Russia, Russia, to the election aftermath, to this raid. It is an interesting look into their ends justify the means mentality, and their lack of understanding that what we conservatives wanted are judges that are constitutionalists, not teammates.

By saying this they are implying that they expect their judges to rule for their team and expect judges appointed by conservatives to do the same. It is just another manifestation of heads they win, tails we lose. I think one of the dumbest things people say in a debate, to bolster their point is “Trump appointed the judge”.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This seems relevant "...The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Oh, and to further inform the discussion. "
    THE Conventions of a number of the States, having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added:..."

Ponder that as the narrative of the raid unfolds.
    On a positive note this raid violates the fourth thereby making any evidence obtained by it inadmissible in court…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This is not being said to you, just using this point for a jumping off point. I keep hearing people say “Trump appointed the judge” in many situations, from Russia Russia, Russia, to the election aftermath, to this raid. It is an interesting look into their ends justify the means mentality, and their lack of understanding that what we conservatives wanted are judges that are constitutionalists, not teammates.

By saying this they are implying that they expect their judges to rule for their team and expect judges appointed by conservatives to do the same. It is just another manifestation of heads they win, tails we lose. I think one of the dumbest things people say in a debate, to bolster their point is “Trump appointed the judge”.
    I get what you're saying, and I understand it wasn't addressed to me in particular.

I had no idea who appointed the judge so I wasn't suggesting that the judge shouldn't have given the authorization because he was one of "our team" appointed by Trump.

My point is that he shouldn't have done it because in my estimation the open-ended scope of the warrant was a violation of the 4th Amendment authorized by the judge.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I get what you're saying, and I understand it wasn't addressed to me in particular.

I had no idea who appointed the judge so I wasn't suggesting that the judge shouldn't have given the authorization because he was one of "our team" appointed by Trump.

My point is that he shouldn't have done it because in my estimation the open-ended scope of the warrant was a violation of the 4th Amendment authorized by the judge.
    Agreed, just pointing out the lefts penchant for assigning teams to everything…

Reactions: KG1

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Another thing I took note of was they were not authorized to search any adjacent guest suites most likely because that would've been a violation of their 4th Amendment rights but Trump wasn't afforded that same protection from a broad search and seizure that could possibly bear fruit on any subject matter according to the general nature of warrant. That leads me to my belief this was an authorization for a fishing expedition.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Fixy. Someone will always step in to set themselves up as the warlord long before it devolves into total anarchy, and those who disagree will be killed

See: Sinaloa
    This is why it’s impossible. Anarcho capitalism is a wet dream of far right libertarians. The world of Mad Max and the thunderdome is a far more likely outcome than an individialist, capitalist utopia. And on the other side, we know how Marx’s stateless communist utopia turns out. Evil dictators never want to relinquish total authority over people.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    This is why it’s impossible. Anarcho capitalism is a wet dream of far right libertarians. The world of Mad Max and the thunderdome is a far more likely outcome than an individialist, capitalist utopia. And on the other side, we know how Marx’s stateless communist utopia turns out. Evil dictators never want to relinquish total authority over people.

Who run Bartertown?;)

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The world of Mad Max and the thunderdome is a far more likely outcome than an individialist, capitalist utopia. And on the other side, we know how Marx’s stateless communist utopia turns out. Evil dictators never want to relinquish total authority over people.
    I’m honestly not too opposed to, and suspect we’re likely to see, a Mad Max scenario unfold for at least a short period of time before we see things get headed back on track. Not because I want to see people suffer but because I want people to understand. You cannot simply wish problems away. These simple, short term, unsustainable bandaid ”fixes” (lies) for things are nothing but lip service to keep people occupied while they suck as much blood out of the corpse as possible before the rot sinks in too deep.

It’s unfortunate that it will have to come to that to open some people’s eyes to reality but better that than to simply reverse the damages done as best we can and forget about what has happened. That only ensures a prolonged battle between right and left. Let their dreams come to fruition, when they get hungry they will see a change in perspective and truly understand what they are and are not entitled to by simply existing.

Top Bottom