• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I thought cases were closed when they were figured out, not when they became hard to figure out.

raptrbreth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    New Palestine
    There was a program on History that strung the viewer along on a theory of two 'journalists' who thought they had identified the true identity. I really want that time back in my life. From that program I got the impression that the FBI thought that the time could be spent more wisely on other matters but would certainly reopen the case if someone could produce the parachute or the money. Or it could be that the FBI thinks that the suspect is dead. It is not like they get all cases correct.

Young William

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    4 HRS I CAN"T GET BACK!:xmad:
    But yes I think the FBI should be working on something a little more important at this time.

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    meh.. the fbi has way more important things to worry about at this point. besides its good to still have some mystery

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I had it on TV while doing other things. I knew exactly how that kind of show was going to play out, so it didn't bother me. I do think it's funny how the very first person they should have talked to, the stewardess, was the last person they talked to.... Maybe it was all made up by the .gov as a distraction from other things going on at that time. :tinfoil:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I wonder what other odd cases the agent who had the case was moved to. Some of that could be interesting!

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I know it wasn't an Academy Award winner, but the movie With a Paddle was still pretty amusing on this particular subject.
    But yes, even if Dan Cooper really did survive the landing, living out the rest of his life with the booty, I say let him alone.
    If that really happened, yes he was a crook, but he was that most unusual of crooks, a very smart crook who not only made one of the legendary escapes in history, but he did it without physically harming anyone, and the most important thing of all: He shut up about it.
    Much the same could be said for the Anglin brothers and Frank Morris and their 1962 escape from Alcatraz, the one with the improvised raft made out of raincoats.
    Those three guys almost certainly made it, and they also didn't tell a soul.
    They earned that.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    They probably realized they couldn't prove intent to break the law.

"Director Comey stated that although they found Mr. Cooper with all the money, parachutes and detailed plans in his possession ... his motives were still unknown and therefore the FBI couldn't prove intent and no reasonable prosecutor would file the case."

Flyingbrian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Plainfield
    "Director Comey stated that although they found Mr. Cooper with all the money, parachutes and detailed plans in his possession ... his motives were still unknown and therefore the FBI couldn't prove intent and no reasonable prosecutor would file the case."
    Could not have said it better

Top Bottom