• ...and so much more!
  • emmert35

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Jamestown
    Hey everyone,
    I'm new to this forum but ive been reading through many threads about the AR plate form as I have became very involved in these the last few months. I'm in the process of building my first 5.56 from the ground up. I've already purchased one from a local gun store and changed a few things around to my liking and I'm addicted! Ive decided to build my own as I want to know everything about it and why and how it works. The reason for this new thread is I would like to get peoples opinions on triggers. I really like the idea of a drop in trigger such as a timney or CMC. What is everyone's thoughts??

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Trigger depends on purpose. I have a Geissele SSA-E for my 18" barrel with a 1-4 vortex viper pst, an SSA for 16" barrel with Aimpoint PRO, and an SD-C for an 11.5" barrel with an Aimpoint PRO.

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    This.

What is the purpose of this rifle?

This.

Trigger depends on purpose. I have a Geissele SSA-E for my 18" barrel with a 1-4 vortex viper pst, an SSA for 16" barrel with Aimpoint PRO, and an SD-C for an 11.5" barrel with an Aimpoint PRO.

And then...... This.

On a budget-RRA 2stage.

If not-Geissele 2stage national match.

I have the RRA 2 stage NM and really enjoy it. I have an 18" Blackhole Weaponry barrel that I plan to use for coyote hunting and some long range shooting practice. If I develope my skills, and choose to shoot long range seriously, I may upgrade to. Giselle but for my skill and purpose, the RRA 2 stage serves me well.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    My triggers and short reviews:
    1) AR-15: Rock River, 2-stage NM: Very good triggers, I've got no complaints.
    2) SBR 9mm: Spikes Tactical Battle Trigger: Single Stage, crisp break, great trigger, I like it for shorter range shooting, RRA 2-stage for longer.
    3) AR-10 "Sig 716": Wilson Combat 2-Stage "Match", Model "TR-TTU-M2": Wow, this trigger is incredible, very light, crisp break, short reset, it's by far my favorite.
    [FONT=Oswald, Droid Sans, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]
    While I haven't shot with one, I did get to fondle/play with a MAG Tactical Single Stage @ Knob Creek, it felt great on lowers they had built up. Hoping to go by their soon and pick one of the LPK w/ premium triggers up for further testing. Still regret not buying one @ Knob Creek.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Maybe a dumb question and maybe a thread jack, bit I'll ask anyway. Why would you want a two stage vs a single strange trigger? Personal preference or does it depend on distance like implied up thread?

Top Bottom