• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    How dare you ask me that question, I have too many 1911, I like them all, If I can only pick one It would have to be a DETONICS SCOREMASTER

My favorite full size might well be a Detonics ScoreMaster, its so amazingly accurate its scary.
    11-4.jpg

But the reality is that my real favorite is factory built custom (non-catalogued) Detonics CombatMaster with silver inlayed giraffe bone grips, its my favorite because it is a gun I often carry on my hip. It is one of several dozen different original Seattle factory CombatMasters that I own, but one of only a very select few that I carry on a regular basis.
    1-17.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Confession......I love the orginal....COLT!

Can't say that I blame you.

But are you aware that modern Colts* are using patents that were developed by DETONICS :rockwoot:

* Ditto, Springfield, Kimber, Les Baer, Wilson, etc. All of them are using patents and designs that were developed by DETONICS. In fact other than John Browning, the designer of the Detonics Combat Master holds more patents than anyone else who has picked up a 1911 style gun and many modern 1911 pattern guns are more likely operational clones of a Detonics pistol than the original Colt designs.​

Last edited:

jabean

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Kimber

Own several Kimbers , but my favorite is a pair of Desert Warriores that I take out every once in a while, They shoot great and function every kind of ammo I put in them. I have never shot a kimber that wasn't a good shooter .

Top Bottom