• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blainepoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    Hamiltonian
    I hang out here and the Beretta forums alot and people having been asking about larger people carrying IWB. I have been pretty successful with it and wanted to just post this to help out my fellow "squishy" people.

I carry a beretta px4-subcompact (but this could be done with a compact glock/xd I'm sure) in a Crossbreed Holster at full cant around 4:00 o'clock. I find this very comfortable and rarely notice the gun. I do wear slightly oversized clothers for general comfort. I used to carry a full size 92 in a Milt Sparks Watch Six, but that was too much gun for IWB to be comfortable. I can carry the 92 OWB in my leather bianchi, but it's difficult to conceal. For the record I am 5'10 and 300+ lbs.

Here are some pics:

fatcarry009.jpg

fatcarry011.jpg

fatcarry013.jpg

Hope this helps :draw:!
    ~Poe

blainepoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    Hamiltonian
    Good stuff rhino, though I don't think it's necessary that you were pants around your natural waist (bellybutton). Most modern jeans are made to wear around your hips, and I'm a "relatively" young guy so no belly pants for me. Obviously to each his own.

I also wanted to add that my current belt is from crossbreed, too. I ordered it when I got the holster. The belt is really nice and handles my gut; I also really like the hardware they use. I had a Milt Sparks that was GREAT (it was a bit heavier), right up until the point my dog found it and thought it was a chew toy. My next belt will probably have tapered ends for the sake of my gut (hopefully it will be a few inches shorter too :rolleyes:).

Keep carrying all you big guys - no excuses :shoot:.

~Poe

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Thanks! Just doin' m' job.

I'm the fattest guy here and I probably carry the most guns, so I'm sort of obligated to add a little to the conversation when the topic is fat guys carrying guns.

:patriot:

Not that this is a contest rhino, but I suspect that you are not the fattest guy here. I clock in at 5'11" and about 415# So I am up there as well.

Greg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Not that this is a contest rhino, but I suspect that you are not the fattest guy here. I clock in at 5'11" and about 415# So I am up there as well.

Greg

You're an inch taller about 35 lbs. lighter than I am, sir. :patriot:

In 1994 I was 650 lbs. (estimated).

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Hey Ghost how about two fat NWI guys take a drive sometime I hate the long ride by myself it gets boring. Hell we could meet early for breakfast (you know fat guys love a good breakfast) then take a drive. I got a pretty comfortable fullsize truck but it is only a half ton so we will be near it's capacity. LOL

6'1 floating around the 350 mark here.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    EXACTLY the kind of posts I was looking for. I wear FH(Freaking Huge) size clothes too, so I was concerned about how to carry once I get my LTCH.

Since the Bersa is fairly small, I was leaning towards a pocket holster in cargo pants pockets. I might have to try IWB though, but I may end up with a "For Sale" if I don't like it, lol.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    ...or it could be a subdivision of INGO:

FINGO: Fat INdiana Gun Owners
    OINGO: Obese INdiana Gun Owners

or how about:

RINGO! Rotund INdiana Gun Owners :rockwoot:

blainepoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    Hamiltonian
    EXACTLY the kind of posts I was looking for. I wear FH(Freaking Huge) size clothes too, so I was concerned about how to carry once I get my LTCH.

Since the Bersa is fairly small, I was leaning towards a pocket holster in cargo pants pockets. I might have to try IWB though, but I may end up with a "For Sale" if I don't like it, lol.

You're lucky if it's just the holster for sale! Sometimes you end up changing firearms. :D

Sign me up for Oingo Boingo Ringo or whatever it's called :):.

Top Bottom