• ...and so much more!
  • Never A Victim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Hamilton County
    Fast and Accurate Pistol-Tactical Response
    This course review is for the course offered by Tactical Response entitled “Fast and Accurate Pistol.” This course was March 23-24, 2016 and was taught in Camden, TN. This course required no prerequisites, and I shot approximately 800 rounds. The gear I used was a Glock 19 in an NSR C-4 holster, XS Big Dots, Surefire E2D flashlight, and an SOE belt. The instructors for this course were Tim Morris and Dave Biggers.
    Fast and Accurate Pistol is pretty easy to understand. The course objectives were simple: to make you faster and more accurate. Sounds easy enough, right? Wrong.

This course taught me many things, but first and foremost was knowing that fine line of when you could be fast and when you had to slow down to get accurate hits. This is not to say that accuracy wasn’t the top priority; this course stressed that only hits count. Instead, this course taught how to speed up without sacrificing accuracy. I learned that most of the time you can “make up” isn’t during the shooting part of a gunfight, rather everything else. Speeding up the draw stroke, improving your reaction time to a threat, and taking out non-essential steps of out of what you are doing all add up to large amounts of time. Allen dot drills were also covered, stressing the importance of slowing down to get good solid hits.

I left this course with a lot of homework. The student handout is a collection of live fire drills for you to do on your own. I learned a lot about myself during this course. I learned how to mentally get over a bad shot and not dwell on the fact that I missed. Most of all, I learned a new way to practice on my own and my eyes have been opened to a new aspect of shooting. Make no mistake about it, this course was challenging--perhaps the most challenging course I have taken in quite a while. This is due to the strict standards in place. While there are no standards or “tests” to complete the course, the emphasis should be placed on making improvements and not on being below the par times on your first run. While there are no prerequisites, this is not a beginner course. If you have never taking Fighting Pistol from Tactical Response or another equivalent commercial firearms course, I would recommend taking one of those other courses first.

For those of you who have taken Fighting Pistol or another similar course, this course will not leave you disappointed. This course will push you. This course will frustrate you. And this course will change you for the better. Take this course.

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I would be interested in seeing the drills and par times. I appreciate an accuracy standard that is completed under a time limit.

edit: Looked up the course description. It mentioned a TR qualification standard. That would be interesting to see.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom