FAMILY PICTURES OF THE 'POTENTIAL' NEW FIRST FAMILY??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Am I supposed to be terrified of the Brown People? Or is the fact that at least one of them appears to be a Muslim supposed to make me soil myself?

:rolleyesedit:

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Am I supposed to be terrified of the Brown People? Or is the fact that at least one of them appears to be a Muslim supposed to make me soil myself?

:rolleyesedit:
    Did you read the news report posted by the person above your post? Obviously not... :rolleyesedit:

jrogers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Did you read the news report posted by the person above your post? Obviously not... :rolleyesedit:

Oh, I read it. I still don't care. Even if the article is accurate, I see no problem with a Muslim president. I've put up with Christian posturing from other candidates whose behavior is grotesquely unchristian. What difference does it make if this one claims Christianity and happens to have been raised a Muslim? Quite frankly, most of these fear-mongering posts seem to be the product of complete ignorance with regard to Islam.

But hey, panic if you like. You have every right to xenophobia, and I have every right to be disgusted by it.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Oh, I read it. I still don't care. Even if the article is accurate, I see no problem with a Muslim president. I've put up with Christian posturing from other candidates whose behavior is grotesquely unchristian. What difference does it make if this one claims Christianity and happens to have been raised a Muslim? Quite frankly, most of these fear-mongering posts seem to be the product of complete ignorance with regard to Islam.

But hey, panic if you like. You have every right to xenophobia, and I have every right to be disgusted by it.
    You obviously didn't read it.

It has nothing directly to do with him being Muslim. It has everything to do with him being Muslim and publicly lying and denying the fact.

jrogers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    You obviously didn't read it.

It has nothing directly to do with him being Muslim. It has everything to do with him being Muslim and publicly lying and denying the fact.

To the contrary, I don't believe you read the article. There's no evidence there to indicate that Obama is a Muslim, only that he was raised in a Muslim environment. Furthermore, even if the denial issued by Obama's people is false in any sense, I addressed that in my post. Welcome to the political arena, where spin is inevitable.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Muslim schmuslim...how about the REAL scare factor?
    You know...the fact that as president he'd appoint LIFE TIME POSITIONS to the Supreme Court (in which it's likely that during the next administration three vacancies will occur)... Positions that would most likely be held for a good few dozen years by Anti-Gun advocates who will wheedle and wrangle your rights away...Just like in IL...you know HIS STATE. Or how his appointments to those seats will use Supreme rulings for Social Engineering vs actually interpreting the law.
    How 'bout that crap?
    That fact right there ^ makes me not care if he worships Jesus or the EasterFrickenBunny...

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Quite frankly, most of these fear-mongering posts seem to be the product of complete ignorance with regard to Islam.

Last year I read the Koran. In fact I still have it on my desk. While some of the posts you refer to as fear-mongering may be false themselves, it seems Obama wants to hide or distance himself from his Muslim upbringing.
    Here is an article that asks if he should be charged with apostasy for converting to Christianity. Its a Middle East Forum
    Was Barack Obama a Muslim? - Middle East Forum
    Also another link on that page gives more info.
    Barack Obama's Muslim Childhood - article by Daniel Pipes

jrogers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    ...the REAL scare factor?...he'd appoint LIFE TIME POSITIONS to the Supreme Court...Just like in IL...his appointments to those seats will use Supreme rulings for Social Engineering vs actually interpreting the law....makes me not care if he worships Jesus or the EasterFrickenBunny...

That's insightful, and it's exactly why I don't care for Obama. He's worrisome enough without the irrational fearmongering.

Last year I read the Koran. In fact I still have it on my desk. While some of the posts you refer to as fear-mongering may be false themselves, it seems Obama wants to hide or distance himself from his Muslim upbringing.
    Here is an article that asks if he should be charged with apostasy for converting to Christianity. Its a Middle East Forum

I'm impressed that you made the effort to study the book. My primary point is that it doesn't matter whether he's trying to distance himself from a Muslim upbringing. I don't care what religion he is, was, or will be, and I certainly don't give a damn how he chooses to spin religion in his campaign. It doesn't matter in the least to me, because religion in politics an unfortunate necessity. Large swaths of the country won't vote for non-Christians (These are the same people mash the forward button and produce "Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: Fwd:AMERICA Is A CHRISTIAN Country FOunded on CHristian Values!!!!!"), and so any politician who wants to win a major election has to claim Christianity. As Annie said, there are prefectly valid reasons to dislike Obama, but whether he distorted his religions background is not one of them.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    That's insightful, and it's exactly why I don't care for Obama. He's worrisome enough without the irrational fearmongering.<snip>As Annie said, there are prefectly valid reasons to dislike Obama, but whether he distorted his religions background is not one of them.
    Yeah, and sadly his voting record just barely scratches the surface.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    That's insightful, and it's exactly why I don't care for Obama. He's worrisome enough without the irrational fearmongering.

I'm impressed that you made the effort to study the book. My primary point is that it doesn't matter whether he's trying to distance himself from a Muslim upbringing. I don't care what religion he is, was, or will be, and I certainly don't give a damn how he chooses to spin religion in his campaign. As Annie said, there are perfectly valid reasons to dislike Obama, but whether he distorted his religions background is not one of them.

So if it's ok to spin (Lie and Deceive) religion what is it thats not ok to spin? It's seems you think that a persons upbringing should not matter.
    The fact is I don't care what he worships as long as those values are compatible with our Constitution. I'm afraid to tell you that the teachings of the Koran are NOT compatible. So I will kindly disagree that his religious background is not a valid reason to dislike him.
    jrogers now before you go into a rant about me being another ranting Christian, I'd like to share with you the fact I am an Agnostic.
    So why did I read the Koran? Same reason I have read the Bible and lots of other religious text. I just want to know what people believe in.

Last edited:

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL

Yo! What difference does it make (right now) if he is Muslim or Christian?

It's his views on the Constitution, the Second Amendment, and the rest of our RIGHTS that are important.

His record in State office pretty much says it all. He has worked to violate the rights of the people of IL, what makes anyone think he doesn't want to do that on a grander scale?

Don't forget his views on the general public as well - the comment about "religion, guns, and "clinging".....
    He thinks of us as lowly peons. Far "beneith" him. We need to vote to knock him off the "pedistal" he has placed himself on. Bring him back down to earth.

Santee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Spin doctors spin, the candidates speak and you still don't know jack frack. So look at their record and the not so lovely truth shines through. And neither candidate is really worth their salt. If you can partially stomach one, vote for him, if not, don't vote for either one!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Spin doctors spin, the candidates speak and you still don't know jack frack. So look at their record and the not so lovely truth shines through. And neither candidate is really worth their salt. If you can partially stomach one, vote for him, if not, don't vote for either one!

...but if you don't vote, you also don't get to b!tc# about what they do in office, because the first question needs to be "Did you vote against him?" If not, <bzzzt!> Wrong answer, but thanks for playing 'Who's Most Likely to Destroy the America We Love?' Next contestant please."

:patriot:

Blessings,
    B

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    ...but if you don't vote, you also don't get to b!tc# about what they do in office, because the first question needs to be "Did you vote against him?" If not, <bzzzt!> Wrong answer, but thanks for playing 'Who's Most Likely to Destroy the America We Love?' Next contestant please."

:patriot:

Blessings,
    B

Being an Illinois resident, I know a little more about Obama's record - and it's affects, than McCain's.

At least McCain's has a few positives.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Being an Illinois resident, I know a little more about Obama's record - and it's affects, than McCain's.

At least McCain's has a few positives.
    Yes, you do, and I never said otherwise. I'm just saying in response to Santee's suggestion that people not vote that in not voting, you're not denying both awful candidates the job, you're just refusing to make a decision. Granted, it's like choosing whether to eat a horse manure sandwich or a cow manure sandwich; either way, you still get a bad taste in your mouth. :puke:

I'd love to see an election where "none of the above are acceptable" was a choice on the ballot. I think we'd have four years without a President, and THAT would "send a message" to the party leaders!

Blessings,
    B

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Yes, you do, and I never said otherwise. I'm just saying in response to Santee's suggestion that people not vote that in not voting, you're not denying both awful candidates the job, you're just refusing to make a decision. Granted, it's like choosing whether to eat a horse manure sandwich or a cow manure sandwich; either way, you still get a bad taste in your mouth. :puke:

I'd love to see an election where "none of the above are acceptable" was a choice on the ballot. I think we'd have four years without a President, and THAT would "send a message" to the party leaders!

Blessings,
    B

:lmfao: :rockwoot: :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao: :rockwoot::lmfao: :patriot:

Top Bottom