• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Faithful follower of INGO here who doesn't post much do to privacy reasons but after getting the chance to visit Falls city over the weekend I felt like I found a worthy topic for posting. Falls City is an awesome place to visit for any military history buff who loves to check out vintage ww2 artifacts along with artifacts from several other pieces of history. I found out that Rick the owner is a neighbor of mine and felt like I had know the guy for years as he was full of knowledge about fireams and history. It was a great visit and there were several other INGO members who were in and out in the course of the hour that I spent in the store. Anyone in the area should check this place out as it is one of those rare finds where the guy behind the counter loves what he is doing and takes the time to get to know his customers. :patriot:

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    Rick is an awesome guy. He has done 2 transfers for me. You really never know what you will find when you walk in. Thats part of the fun of it.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I was just in there on Saturday for the first time. Cool shop and a very nice guy! I love WWII stuff, so I loved everything in there. I will definitely be back, and hopefully with some spending money in my pocket.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    What's the address and hours?

Great guy.

picture.php

picture.php

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    Huge thanks to Rick for giving me excellent advice during my recent trading/ buying spree that ultimately led me from one goal to another: The process of transforming, through sale or trade, a DPMS Oracle AR-15 into an Arsenal AK-74. Saved me a few hours of travel time and I ultimately ended up with exactly what I wanted.

Hal42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2011
    I would like to thank Rick for helping me make my first firearm purchase. Once again I'd like to say that his shop is excellent and the customer service is outstanding.

Up until Friday I had only stopped in to browse, chat, and mostly listen to the wide range of stories and information that is to be had by both Rick and his patrons. That's until I saw an older Marlin Model 60 on Wednesday. I had been looking for a 22 of some sort and the squirrel stocked model caught my eye (I reckon it'd be something fun to have the nephew learn on as well when my sister allows him to shoot). What really sold it for me was Rick's Grandfather sharing some amazing stories and then commenting favorably about the Marlin. So I am a proud owner of an exceptionally priced, well used 22 rifle. Something about the older models in Rick's shop just keep tugging my attention more than the newer stuff that passes through.

I have always been made to feel welcome in this shop and have met many friendly and interesting people. In fact to top it off another patron younger than myself gave me advice on how to clean my new rifle and informed me of a free range as well as offering to help me learn to shoot and to bring some of his own firearms for me to try.

It's nice to see small business thrive (especially in my hometown). The hospitality and genuine feeling of being welcome really makes me smile. It's these kind of stores that help build a community and keep people well connected.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Stopped in today to drop off some books for the store's library and delay cleaning some guns. ;) Ran into Finnegan who was on his way out with what appeared to be a new AK. Also got to handle a 194? Walther PPK bring-back with papers; VERY cool but Rick says he's keeping it. Worth stopping in just to check it out!

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    That was a Mak 90 I had in hand. Gun is in excellent condition, but the previous owner used, I believe, a mixture of black powder, Victorian era whale oil, and coal dust in his hand loads. I may have to buy a new gun cloth after cleaning this thing!

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    That was a Mak 90 I had in hand. Gun is in excellent condition, but the previous owner used, I believe, a mixture of black powder, Victorian era whale oil, and coal dust in his hand loads. I may have to buy a new gun cloth after cleaning this thing!

:)::)::):

The car wash is your friend... Not good for wood (duh), but it's cheap and easier than schlepping out the pressure washer. Even when it's 70 degrees in February!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Also got to handle a 194? Walther PPK bring-back with papers; VERY cool but Rick says he's keeping it. Worth stopping in just to check it out!

It's actually a 1934 Walther ppk. Just a month short of being an RZM party gun. The capture papers are from the 6th armored and dated 8/45. He also got a luger, p-38, and a pair of binouculars as they are listed on the capture papers and I am thinking these were guns surrendered at the close of the war. It's a beautiful weapon and reeks of history. Thanks for the kind words Brother.

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    Once again, just amazing customer service from Rick. My girlfriend traded her 1911 for one he had in the shop. Once we got it home, I quickly realized that my brain that operates on Sig Sauer logic was no match for the intricacies of the 1911 platform. I took it apart, wiped it down, and got it back together with much gnashing of teeth. A few functional questions/ issues presented themselves along the way. We both knew that we could either spend hours and hours scouring youtube for the info we needed or just hop in the shop the next day.

Took it back in to Rick, and he patiently took me through the 1911 platform step by step, replacing worn-out and frustrating parts and showing me the tricks and tips of easy reassembly and disassembly along the way and offering suggestions for other parts and a gunsmith to get it running exactly how my girlfriend wanted it to run.

Can't say enough good things about Falls City. +1 yet again.

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    The Fall City name brings back some memories of fun times during the sixties. Rode the bus from Fort Knox to Louisville on weekend pass. They must have stop making beer and started selling guns.

Top Bottom