• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    This is the worst Fall for leaves in some time around where I live. Dummy me choose a place to live with a yard with over 40 trees (yes, 40) and another 40 at least just outside the yard on the perimeter of my (I am underestimating). It's like a blizzard of leaves.
    I've been mowing them for the last few years and I just can't keep up. I'm about ready to set the yard on fire.

I'd ask for suggestions but I don't want to hear it unless you're coming over to help. I just wanted to vent.

I liked those leaves much better up in the trees.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I hate leaves to. This is my front yard.

fe7e4f21.jpg

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    First, I thought the Thread Title was FAL sucks - Leaves, leaves leaves when I read it originally...
    Made no sense to me till I re-read it...

Second, I just let the lawn mower turn the leaves into little pieces, screw raking... :popcorn:

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    First, I thought the Thread Title was FAL sucks - Leaves, leaves leaves when I read it originally...

Second, I just let the lawn mower turn the leaves into little pieces, screw raking... :popcorn:

Go over it twice, cuts it up real small, and makes great grass food!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

BR600_magnum.jpg

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I have a love/hate relationship when it comes to leaves. I love to just use the rider and mulch them, but the one yard I did today was an electric push mower with a bagger. I got about a 4'x10' area before I would have to empty the bag.

I would not give up my 50' tall shade trees (all five of them) in my yard though for summer time.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Fall and Spring are the two seasons I enjoy. Being originally from California - where neither exist like they do here.

Leaves are a minor inconvenience in a great time of year.

jeepjester

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2012
    My 8 year old daughter wanted to rake leaves tuesday.Ten minutes into it she quit and i was out there for another three hours.I THINK HER MOM PUT HER UP TO IT!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    My old house had 3 large maples that produced semi loads of leaves. I finally bought an Agri Fab chip n vac to suck them all up. There were way to many to mulch as they'd choke out the grass. I have about a 1/4 acre grass area in my woods now. I start around the house working my way around blowing them out into the treeline. Much easier.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    My old house had 3 large maples that produced semi loads of leaves. I finally bought an Agri Fab chip n vac to suck them all up. There were way to many to mulch as they'd choke out the grass. I have about a 1/4 acre grass area in my woods now. I start around the house working my way around blowing them out into the treeline. Much easier.

I thought about just using the leaf blower and sending them to the neighbors yard...:dunno:

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Where was this when I was a teenager?! :rockwoot:

We tried to build one when I was a teen, but no success when it came "show time"... Stupid leaf blower wouldnt start. But our buddy was in Japan, so it didnt matter, we had days and days to T.P. the heck out of his yard. He just LOVED the welcome home party we had thrown for him.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We use the blower to put the leaves on the garden and till them in. Cover both areas with plastic for the winter and let it simmer (or freeze) un-cover in the early spring and till in some goody's. Perfect soil. We only have a few trees but the neighbors do contribute.

Edit...Most of us city folk would give one of our testicles to be out in the woods. Decisions made before realizing what is really important or just great living. Deal with it...;)

Top Bottom