• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bazooka Joe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    South Central Indiana
    Just wondering who else has started their fall garden?

I was able to get my beans in before the rains yesterday evening. I also plan on getting lettuce, turnips, radishes, beets and carrots, and anything else that will mature before frost, out before long.

IndyPrepper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    Started my indoor garden does that count? lol

Strawberrys and peppers since I have just pulled my hydroponics back out.

Ash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I'm going to get some carrots, and leaf lettuce started sometime this week. Hopefully I can find some spinach seed to get some tasty spinach in also.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    This weekend is the start of the fall garden. My beans look good but failed to produce much of a harvest. They are still flowering. I might as well get some more in.

Remember cabbages and other cold weather veg's and if you could get some 72 day corn you might get more before the frost.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    All your greens for the most part love the cooler climates. If you have ever tried to do greens you know that if you don't get them in early they grow 6' tall and seed before you can harvest a healthy yield. This is because the plant is threatened by the high temps. The soil temp is great right now, get those greens in, and if you can find a starter at the local nursery.... gourds and pumpkins will be ready by Oct 31 if you get them in now.

zone-5-veggie-calander.JPG

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    All your greens for the most part love the cooler climates. If you have ever tried to do greens you know that if you don't get them in early they grow 6' tall and seed before you can harvest a healthy yield. This is because the plant is threatened by the high temps. The soil temp is great right now, get those greens in, and if you can find a starter at the local nursery.... gourds and pumpkins will be ready by Oct 31 if you get them in now.

zone-5-veggie-calander.JPG

Nice graph. Very helpful!
    We have sweet potatoes, carrots, and some lettuce in already. Planting beans and peas today, probably a bunch of buckwheat too (my bees will love the fall flowers) plus some more acorn squash and zuch's. Still trying to find artichoke and brussel sprout seeds that aren't hybrids.

Top Bottom