• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedDot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Columbus
    With my lifetime concealed carry coming in the mail soon, I bought myself "Fobus BS2" holster for the Bersa Thunder .380 at Gander Mountain off county line rd. My first impression was "Wow, this holster is really particular in the way you pull it out". I practiced a little bit and started to get the hang of it but it was still kind of tricky, I would almost pull the holster paddle right out of my pants. Anywho, I looked online for reviews or youtube videos about them, then I noticed WTF? Why does my holster say "Houston RP1" and "Made in Argentina"??? I thought Fobus was made in Israel. Is this a different manufacture for Fobus? Or did someone rip off Gander Mountain and I bought the fake return? The plastic bag it came in seemed kind of beat up as well as the paper consumer safety warning insert. Do you guys know anything about this before I ask Gander about it tomorrow?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Why does my holster say "Houston RP1" and "Made in Argentina"??? I thought Fobus was made in Israel. Is this a different manufacture for Fobus?

From what I understand, the Houston holsters are basically Fobus clones, made in Argentina. They are constructed of a different material, have a textured finish, and are suede-lined to reduce wear on the gun's finish.

Houston_400.jpg

RedDot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Columbus
    Yup! just like shooter521s photo post it has "houston" logos imprinted on the holster and "H" on the rivets.

So do you think it is Fobus or someone returning the clone?

Last edited by a moderator:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Prolly someone swapping holsters.... I once worked in retail loss prevention at a major dept. store and I saw that kind of thing daily. We even had a box in the breakroom for employees to put "known thefts" in...it was usually full.

RedDot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Columbus
    Well I'm going to confront Gander no doubt. I understand it's up to what I like best- but is there any difference in quality? Should I use this opportunity to chose something different or master drawing my gun from this holster? A plus about this holster is that it is a ***** to get out from an awkward position.. but also thats bad for me too right?

The thing is I started to like the holster.. but what should I do about Gander?

Last edited by a moderator:

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    At best Fobus holsters are carry options for range guns. Not carry/deployment options for CCW. Especially a paddle holster. I cannot tell you how many times we have had various paddle holsters break or end up on the ground during classes. Last time in Indy Marc Galli had a BH Serpa paddle fall to the ground.

When someone wears a Fobus they are probably wearing a cheap, ill fitting belt as well. A holster without a good belt is like building a house on sand.- George

Top Bottom