• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • superblade

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Hello everyone,does any one know of a knifemaker or cratfsman who can modify factory folders? I have a few that I'd like to have rehandled with micarta or exotic wood.These are mostly modern tactical types.Black G10 and zytel get kind of boring after a while,don't you think? Imagine an Ontario Rat-1 done in ivory micarta?:D Perhaps someone in the central-south area of IN? Thanks,superblade

stony

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Pittsboro,IN

Tyler.....

I know this guy and he is alot of trouble on other forums, not meeting due dates, not giving refunds when promised, just a whole bunch of reasons. I'd steer clear if it was me.

Although I have had him do stuff for me before, and still missing 140.00 of my money.:xmad:

I would highly recommend Barry H. on Blade forums, He goes by Mr. H on the other forums.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    DO NOT USE "KARG"!!!!

jeff has turned out to be a thief. i have spoken to him a few times. i offered to help him get out of his "hole".... tried to give him advise, telling him to STOP taking orders and money up front. but he continued. to the point that i now believe it was intentional. i even offered to do some work for him, while he was so far "behind"..... and sick.

Barry is a SOLID guy. as is michael potter (goes by potterma). both are top notch.

as to keeping it in indiana, there are alot of guys who could do it. but with the ease of the USPS, there are dozens of unique and AWESOME options!

good luck!

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Muskrat man is first rate...but he does have a backlog...he did both of these for me. For the large soddie I provided the knife and scale materials. For the trapbuster I just sent two small soddies.

trap5.jpg

trap3.jpg

sodd5.jpg

superblade

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    thanks for the replies! I 'll follow up on the info and see what it leads to. Awsome sodbusters ! Inever would have thought of that.This looks like a way to keep things interesting and very unique with my knife hobby.If this leads to any finished projects I'll try to post photos-and who knows what may be created-thanks again.

Top Bottom