• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 60Driver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    Hamilton County
    Excellent drill (or more correctly "test") and I believe you will find many who are influenced by TLG's teaching are of course familiar with it.

I think Sevigny ran it sub 4 seconds clean! That is Kittening FAST!

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    It's excellent as a drill or test. Tests your loading, and transition from loading to accurate shots again. For a really good pressure maker: Do it backwards. Going fast on the large circle, loading quickly, then having to "slow down" to get the accurate shots. Or modify it: remove the 3x5 and put a 2" dot. Youch! Displays some serious flaws in one's training.

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Saw this post earlier this evening and had a few minutes so I went out and shot it with my production gear (not concealed).
    [video=youtube;L6zyUkDwA3Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6zyUkDwA3Q[/video]
    Cold was 4.2s. 1.5 draw, .4 split, 1.6 reload, .20 splits.
    Draw to the head box was a bit sloppy, reloads with the production gun still aren't up to speed. Got sloppy and threw the second shot on the 8" circle just above it.
    I might practice this a bit more. Probably should be around 3.25 to 3.5s if you figure 1.3 draw, .3 split, 1.2 to 1.3 reload, .15 to .2 splits

Similar to 4 aces but the fast drill is more demanding on the accuracy with the head box shots.
    4 aces is 7yds. Draw, fire two, reload (not slide lock), fire two.
    Last week I was trying to get my time down on that and 2.2s or 2.3s was the best I could do. .8 draw, .16 split, 1.05 reload, .16 split
    This was with my single stack, I just switched to my production gun so I doubt I could run those same times with it.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Saw this post earlier this evening and had a few minutes so I went out and shot it with my production gear (not concealed).
    [video=youtube;L6zyUkDwA3Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6zyUkDwA3Q[/video]
    Cold was 4.2s. 1.5 draw, .4 split, 1.6 reload, .20 splits.
    Draw to the head box was a bit sloppy, reloads with the production gun still aren't up to speed. Got sloppy and threw the second shot on the 8" circle just above it.
    I might practice this a bit more. Probably should be around 3.25 to 3.5s if you figure 1.3 draw, .3 split, 1.2 to 1.3 reload, .15 to .2 splits

Similar to 4 aces but the fast drill is more demanding on the accuracy with the head box shots.
    4 aces is 7yds. Draw, fire two, reload (not slide lock), fire two.
    Last week I was trying to get my time down on that and 2.2s or 2.3s was the best I could do. .8 draw, .16 split, 1.05 reload, .16 split
    This was with my single stack, I just switched to my production gun so I doubt I could run those same times with it.

That is pretty impressive. It doesn't count because of your gear setup, but that places you among the fastest to ever do the drill. Your estimated time puts you right up there with Dave Sevigney. pistol-training.com » FASTest

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I'm working with VERT at a range Sunday and we should have time (weather permitting) to get a few drills in.

Don't implicate me or make me part of your little world! :):

I am am thinking about what drill we will do Sunday. Probably not this one for the ladies. Although I think Susie and Vicky are ready ready. They would seriously shoot somebody in the head.

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Again, not from concealed but I ran it again tonight for the fun of it. Didn't look at the time for the first run on the video but second run got down to 3.83s.

[video=youtube;Rw-UDWFqpAE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw-UDWFqpAE[/video]

JohnN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Again, not from concealed but I ran it again tonight for the fun of it. Didn't look at the time for the first run on the video but second run got down to 3.83s.

[video=youtube;Rw-UDWFqpAE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw-UDWFqpAE[/video]

Great times. Since you didn't show the target I am assuming you had all hits inside the scoring rings.

Ernest Langdon will be here Oct 3-4 if anyone would like to shoot the FAST test for score along with a great training opportunity.

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Why not try it with concealment a few times to compare to the benchmarks?
    I don't carry so there really isn't a point for me to benchmark to those posted scores. Looking online you can see some GMs can go under 3 sec unconcealed. (Ben has a video w/ concealment at 3.11.) OP was just looking for others who had shot it so I went out and tried it. It's a good drill.
    (For a comparison, I'm in A class in USPSA. I've shot with this gun/gear for about 4 months.)

And with non gamer gear? He is obviously a good shooter. I would love to see how concealment and edc gear would effect the times. Maybe not that much when you are a really good shooter?
    I'm not sure if a OWB kydex holster is that "gamer". It's belt height same as my 1911s.
    Probably add 1s. Obviously you have to practice with gear to be proficient with it.

Great times. Since you didn't show the target I am assuming you had all hits inside the scoring rings.
    I had two shots outside the head box on four runs. :(
    View attachment 38840

Top Bottom