• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seamusalaska

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    East Central IN
    I saw an ad for an H&R shotgun for sale with a Marlin tag and it got me curious about who owns what. Cerberus owns Remington, Marlin, etc. I don't have the link but google: Cerberus in wikipedia. It's an eye opener, at least for me. They had 24 billion in assets in 2006! :popcorn:

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I hope they run those companies far better than the did Chrysler.

The three-headed dog that guards the gates of He double toothpicks.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    I hope they run those companies far better than the did Chrysler.

The three-headed dog that guards the gates of He double toothpicks.
    They made money, if that's what you're asking. Selling off the car and truck biz was a wash, but selling the financial side was a big win.

Here is the portfolio on the Freedom Group side:
    Firearms - Acquired Bushmaster Firearms, Inc., from Windham, Maine native Dick Dyke for an undisclosed sum in April 2006, and purchased Remington Arms in April 2007. Under Cerberus direction, Bushmaster Firearms acquired Cobb Manufacturing, a well-respected manufacturer of large-caliber tactical rifles in August 2007. Cerberus also acquired DPMS Panther Arms December 14, 2007.[23][24] Remington Arms acquired Marlin Firearms in January 2008.[25][26] In October 2009, Remington Military products acquired silencer manufacturer Advanced Armament Corporation.[27] These companies were combined into the Freedom Group.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, I won't even imagine anything good that can be said about the Cerberus ownership of Chrysler. Note I did not say anything about Chrysler (or GMAC) Finance. Totally different topic and market and I will not comment on that.

Top Bottom