• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Does anybody have any experience obtaining a Colt Archive Letter?

The website (Colt's Manufacturing Company LLC) lists some information about it, including a couple of names & phone numbers.

I called and reached a voice mail. The message said to leave my name and address, which I did, so they could send me the information. I assume they are going to send me something that I'll need to send back with the info on my gun and payments, etc... but I'm confused why that wasn't just available online to start with.

So... since I'm impatient, and want to know all about it right now, I started this thread so I could hear if anybody else has any experience with this.

by the way... here is my SAA

picture.php

album: INGunOwners - bigus_D's Album: SAA Colt

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    colt letter

From what i have read on other forums , cost of letter=$100. if in a hurry add expedite cost of +100. expedite fee+letter fee total = $200.
    check out the colt forum for more information.

csm47362

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    New Castle, IN
    The last letter I got cost me $125 and it took about 3 months. What ever you pay for your letter it will only increase the collect ability of your gun.

I am a double action guy, but if you don't get info on your gun on here you might try coltforum.com there are a ton of SSA guys on there.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    The last letter I got cost me $125 and it took about 3 months. What ever you pay for your letter it will only increase the collect ability of your gun.

I am a double action guy, but if you don't get info on your gun on here you might try coltforum.com there are a ton of SSA guys on there.

How did you go about getting the letter... I called today a just reached voice-mail-boxes. I left my name and address (like the messages said), but I just want to get my order in. Sounds like they want to mail me information about how to place my order...

csm47362

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    New Castle, IN
    I don't see that number on the website... at least not in the archival services section... have you ordered an archival letter through that number?

That is the number I call when ever I need anything done at Colt. Questions, repairs, letters, anything. I am note sure if it is on their site. It's the one I keep in my second brain, my blackberry.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    That is the number I call when ever I need anything done at Colt. Questions, repairs, letters, anything. I am note sure if it is on their site. It's the one I keep in my second brain, my blackberry.

Well, I called today... got transfered to the archival department (right into the voicemail box I've been calling directly).

Hopefully they will send the the required information that I need in order to send them my request... very efficient

csm47362

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    New Castle, IN
    I think they are picking on you. I have always gotten a real live person. I have never had anything but a great experience from them. Give them a day or so, I bet they will call.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Well... I waited a couple of weeks in the hopes they would send my some information or call back. nothing. Yesterday I made another call in and reached Joe. He took my info and said it would take about 120 days. So... the wait starts now. At least I'm not waiting on my LTCH!

Top Bottom