• ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    . . . the weapon can discharge.

Stop it. Stop jacking with the guns. Leave the pistol in your holster where it is not hurting anyone. Stop waving the guns around and playing with them, especially if you are an IMPD officer and pointing guns at Kirk.

If you must jack with the gun, use a proper backstop (no, the "parking lot" does not count) to load or unload. Quit jacking with guns!

Court Security Officer Accidentally Fires Gun, Hurts 1 - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If he hadn't of pulled the trigger it wouldn't have gone off. AD's don't just happen, they are operator caused.

It is not necessary to pull the trigger in order for the weapon to discharge. Every single time you load or unload a firearm the weapon may discharge regardless of where your fingers are.

E.g., let me tell you about the Shootrite shotgun.:D

*collective INGO voice: Kirk, no, don't tell it again!*

We were doing one handed reloading drills behind cover at Shootrite. I was shooting left handed. I loaded one round of Remington #00, closed the action and the weapon discharged. My hand, and I have witnesses, was no where near the trigger.

All firearms can do this, but firearms with inertia firing pins are more prone to do so. Just load and unload your AR-15 next time at the range and look at the primer.

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    :rules:"Olympic Security has verified that this is not an approved machine calibration technique,"

I would agree that ADs don't just happen. But I would also not point a loaded weapon at someone (or in the general direction of one), certain my hand is of the trigger and load/unload. Why, Murphy told me that stuff happens.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    :rules:"Olympic Security has verified that this is not an approved machine calibration technique,"

I would agree that ADs don't just happen. But I would also not point a loaded weapon at someone (or in the general direction of one), certain my hand is of the trigger and load/unload. Why, Murphy told me that stuff happens.

The other guy was not hit by the bullet. He was hit with a fragment after the bullet hit the floor.

Top Bottom