Ever sold a gun only to buy the same one/type again?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ok, recently I sold a great S&W 1911 PC to help finance a purchase. I justified it in my mind because the gun was a safe queen in the extreme. I regretted it as soon as I sold it. Now, only about 2 months later I am buying the same model again. Fortunately it isn't hurting me that bad, I will be out about $250 in the end based on the price sold and repurchased again.

That got me to wondering, has anyone else fallen into a similar hole or I the only lame one here at INGO?

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I had an old :fogey:, beat up :stretcher:, Browning Hi Power that I traded for a HK Usp Compact.
    I never liked that Usp.
    And so traded it for a Glock 22 :koolaid:
    I WILL own a browning Hi Power again someday.
    Just waiting for the right deal.:whistle:

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Cumberland

I sold my Amd65 to the guy I originally bought it from. "took a 150$ loss"
    I needed funds to purchase an Arsenal SGL.
    Here in a few weeks I will be buying it back from him again...:D

I miss that friggn amd65 and he still has it!!
    S5030304.jpg

MPD179

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    I have fallen into this trap too many times. I keep getting and selling the Sig Sauer P229, Glock 21SF. I have the G21SF back so this time I will keep it. Next is a P229 in two-tone and then ill be done!

Just recently traded off my Sig P226 Blackwater and missed it so bad I purchased another one last week. I carry this mostly, large magazine capacity, SRT, bright NS, beavertail, just awsome!

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Bought a Kel-tec P11 years ago. Sold it. Bought another one, a few years ago. Just traded it for a Taurus Millennium Pro in 9mm. Might get another one at some point. They are great little guns for the money.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    i have all the guns back i had in the 80's.........a ex that didn't like guns and a divorce will do that to you...

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Let's see... HiPower, Glock 23, Taurus 85, Browning Buckmark, Ruger 10/22. I have bought and sold several of each. Currently have one of each in the safe.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Honestly, I have yet to buy back the same make/model that I've sold off. I've sold quite a few things, but just haven't bought the same thing again. That could change as I sold a number of wheel guns, and don't have any currently.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    ~1978, I traded a S&W 36 for a Walther PPK/S. Couple of days later, bought the 36 back from the gun store. Later sold the Walther and then a year or so later, bought it back from the same guy. Several years later sold the PPK/S again. Looking for another now.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I sold a classic (circa 1983, was my 16th birthday present) 870 Wingmaster about 11 yrs ago. The barrel pre-dated steel / non-tox shot and was a fixed modified choke only. At the time I hadn't hunted or shot for about 10 years and my GF (now wife) needed some help w/ school fees ... plus I figured it was a modern duplicate of my grandpa's JC Higgins Model 20 ... which I new would be mine some day (lucky only grandson) ... so I sold it and for way less than what it was worth ... :dunno:

flash forward a few years ... I am hunting again ... and have nothing that can handle steel shot or 3" shells ... so just this past spring I have to scrape together the money for a new 870 express and now I am ready for the fall waterfowl chase.

nope you're not the only one to do this. :welcome: to the club.

Top Bottom