• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Split

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    Evansville
    Depends on which one it is. The Armory show is tight on space and high on price. The 4-H Show like this weekend is usually worth the $5 entry free, but nothing to be blown away by.

Just like a good weekend cruising gun shops, you might find a great deal, you might not, but always a good time.

After going to the 1500 I can't act like it isn't fairly sad in comparison, but it's the best one we have here.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    371   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I plan to go to the 4-H Saturday. Probably will take a Norinco SKS to sell or trade. Often some good prices on non-mainstream ammo.

Indian

NRA LIFE
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Whittakers is one of my favorite gun shops, but I plan on attending the Evansville Gun Show on Sunday. Did anyone see any good deals on 223 ammo? I also plan on looking for a good defense shotgun any suggestions.
    :dunno:

Split

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    Evansville
    I went today, a decent selection, some with good prices, lots of unique stuff for a show around here.

A select few really awful tables as far as weapon quality. At one booth I saw 2 Llama .45s and a Lorcin 9mm, along with several Davis .380s, all very used.

Some deals were to be had on .223 and .308, but most everything else was still on the Gander Mtn price scale.

Was looking for snap caps for my .40, none to be had.

Last edited:

ssgjason

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Southern IN
    Whittakers is large and has a great selection but I have found the prices a bit high at times.
    The show at the armory is not very good, the 4H show is a bit better. There used to be a show in Boonville, but I don't know anything about it.
    The show in Ferdinand is actually fairly decent, also

Last edited:

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    I went this afternoon. Sun. Wore my INGO hat. Met a coupla fellow INGOers. They were vendors. Came "this close" to buying a gun. Couldn't quite cut the deal. Guess I'm too much of a titeass.

Split

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    Evansville
    Whittaker's is a nice big place to browse, but I'll stay on my side of the river and go to Dave's Gun Shop to buy. His prices are always better, no need to transfer handguns. I can go home with my gun that Saturday instead of waiting a week for it get 40 miles down the road.

The guys will talk to you like people instead of cattle being herded through the store.

I can buy more than one box of ammo "per family"

They don't charge me any ridiculous credit card/debit card fees. Look if you want to make more money put the price on the tag, not in a hidden fee you don't say anything about until you start ringing me up. Some people live in the 21st century and never see a paycheck, let alone cash anymore.

I'll stick with what seem to be more honest and genuinely nice people at Dave's.

ngonerogwu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Evansville
    Whittaker's is a nice big place to browse, but I'll stay on my side of the river and go to Dave's Gun Shop to buy. His prices are always better, no need to transfer handguns. I can go home with my gun that Saturday instead of waiting a week for it get 40 miles down the road.

The guys will talk to you like people instead of cattle being herded through the store.

I can buy more than one box of ammo "per family"

They don't charge me any ridiculous credit card/debit card fees. Look if you want to make more money put the price on the tag, not in a hidden fee you don't say anything about until you start ringing me up. Some people live in the 21st century and never see a paycheck, let alone cash anymore.

I'll stick with what seem to be more honest and genuinely nice people at Dave's.

+1

Top Bottom