• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rick983

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Wanted to remind folks in the southern Indiana area that their will be a gun this friday thru sunday at the National Guard Armory in Evansville. It's now the largest show in the tri state area. Friday 1 till 5 pm, saturday 8AM till 4 PM and sunday 9AM to 3PM. $6 admission. :ar15:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I am just wondering its a long way from near Indy????

Well, it is about three hours from the southwest side so it may be a bit far to drive. However, you could combine it with a trip to the Boonville show the same saturday then down to Whittakers to finish up.:rockwoot:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Not to rain on anybody's parade and there are a lot of tables but a lot of them are knives, belts and holsters, several private dealers with a lot of used pistols, rifles and shotguns. Several times there are only 1 or 2 tables with a good array of new pistols and revolvers. It's probably a lot like the shows they had at the national guard armory on Holt road in Indy.

johnb62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Evansville Area
    I will probably pass this time. The last show at the armory took me about 10 minutes to get through. As previously stated there are way too few new guns to look at.

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Never know, I could always visit some family in Daviess County on my way back.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Well, I`ll probably go. Hopefully the door greater won`t be as rude as they were at the 4-H.

Used equiptment is ok, if it was taken care of.
    The ladies at the money table at the armory are real sweet hearts. They are very friendly and always have a smile for everyone. I think the first one closest to the door is Karen Allman (sp?) who works with her husband to put the show on. Her friend is also a cut up and fun to talk to.

On the other hand the dude and whatever scantily clad woman/girl is working the door at the 4H center is something else. All I can figure is the doctor must have dropped him a couple times in the birthing room. :n00b:

Rick983

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Evansville Armory Show this weekend

In response to previous posters, here are a few answers. Free parking and coffee! There are approximately 75 tables of which at least 50 are guns. There are probably 25 or so tables of ammo, holsters and the like. And every gun show has a couple of tables of knives. I did not see the usual tee shirt vendors there you see at most gun shows. This is the only show I go to locally as the other two (Boonville & 4H) are pretty lame. I generally find plenty to spend my money on. This is just my :twocents:.

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    The ladies at the money table at the armory are real sweet hearts. They are very friendly and always have a smile for everyone. I think the first one closest to the door is Karen Allman (sp?) who works with her husband to put the show on. Her friend is also a cut up and fun to talk to.

On the other hand the dude and whatever scantily clad woman/girl is working the door at the 4H center is something else. All I can figure is the doctor must have dropped him a couple times in the birthing room. :n00b:
    Ya, the guy sitting next to the sweetie was an A.H. I`ll skip the next gun show at the 4-H.

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    In response to previous posters, here are a few answers. Free parking and coffee! There are approximately 75 tables of which at least 50 are guns. There are probably 25 or so tables of ammo, holsters and the like. And every gun show has a couple of tables of knives. I did not see the usual tee shirt vendors there you see at most gun shows. This is the only show I go to locally as the other two (Boonville & 4H) are pretty lame. I generally find plenty to spend my money on. This is just my :twocents:.
    Well, I intend to make the armory show. I kind of wanted to make the Boonville show also, they running one this weakend also.

Top Bottom