• kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Got one this weekend Oct. 9th and 10th I see. Anyone going? I might try and go. I'd like to compare it with last week's fairgrounds show.

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    Man there is no comparison! The fairgrounds show is bigger and alot better! We used to set up at both but now we only do the 4H fairgrounds every now and again. The armory show is a joke! Its more like a flea market than gun show. Different crowd I guess. The promoter of the armory show is a joke and doesnt care who he lets in or what they have even if its not gun related. The venue is smaller and mainly just a bunch of BS! The last one we did there I had to act as security and medic! The guy in the booth next to us(selling coins) who was an older gentleman was having a MI (heart attack) and the promoter was like OMG not here at my show instead of calling 911. My wife called it in as I assisted the man with his nitro ,started an IV,and O2 at 15 LPM. By the time EMS got there he was ready for transport. After that we were told that after that show we were told not to come back because I told the promoter not to worry about his F-ing show and call 911 and tell them what was going on. Check it out for yourself and you will see that its just as I say and a waste of time! Not to mention that the pricing is totally different than the show at the 4H fairgrounds for some reason. Everyone there is trying to get MSRP out of their stuff no matter if its new or used not to mention the fact that there will be guys there who are to cheap to pay 30-35 bucks for a booth and will sell one gun and then go back out to the car and get another one and do this all day long all weekend. If youre a dealer like us then this is BS and unfair to those who paid for booths! We used to set up like 8-10 tables in there.

Muzzle Flash

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Valpo
    Tanks for the heads up . I'm heading down to Knop creek in a couple hours and kind of thinking of stopping by on the way back .

ssgjason

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Southern IN
    Man there is no comparison! The fairgrounds show is bigger and alot better! We used to set up at both but now we only do the 4H fairgrounds every now and again. The armory show is a joke! Its more like a flea market than gun show. Different crowd I guess. The promoter of the armory show is a joke and doesnt care who he lets in or what they have even if its not gun related. The venue is smaller and mainly just a bunch of BS! The last one we did there I had to act as security and medic! The guy in the booth next to us(selling coins) who was an older gentleman was having a MI (heart attack) and the promoter was like OMG not here at my show instead of calling 911. My wife called it in as I assisted the man with his nitro ,started an IV,and O2 at 15 LPM. By the time EMS got there he was ready for transport. After that we were told that after that show we were told not to come back because I told the promoter not to worry about his F-ing show and call 911 and tell them what was going on. Check it out for yourself and you will see that its just as I say and a waste of time! Not to mention that the pricing is totally different than the show at the 4H fairgrounds for some reason. Everyone there is trying to get MSRP out of their stuff no matter if its new or used not to mention the fact that there will be guys there who are to cheap to pay 30-35 bucks for a booth and will sell one gun and then go back out to the car and get another one and do this all day long all weekend. If youre a dealer like us then this is BS and unfair to those who paid for booths! We used to set up like 8-10 tables in there.

I believe this is a relative comparison. I find that both of them are often overpriced with mediocre items.
    I also beleive gun shows are generally a thing of the past, sans places like the 1500, Knob Creek, and the SARs
    I have a question: Do you place an inflated price on your pieces with the idea that someone may haggle? Personally, I prefer to have the best price from the start, shop around, and allow free market to do its thing.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Whats the admission price for the Armory? I will be down for the fall festival on Saturday, if I find some time maybe I'll stop at the armory.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    GARANDGUY were you at the fairgrounds show last weekend? I tend to agree the fairgrounds has been the better of the two for the last few years but the show last week at the FG wasn't so hot either. Yeah there's more airsoft,coins and such at the armory and I have no illusions about it being a great show but WTH , I might find a pair of grips or such. I see several chaps loafing around all the shows with guns for sale. Ah.... for the old shows at the Green Convention Center back in the 80s! I do think if you have a number of guns to sell then you should buy a table. One gun on a walk-in's shoulder ,ok.... but several... geez .

ssgjason

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Southern IN
    AAR!!
    Way less tables BUT, J & T (?) was placing sale prices on all of his items. Actual deals were to be had. A Saiga 7.62X39 Out the Door was $350. .308 Saiga was $485.
    Everyone else there was WAY over priced. Bubba-fied NHM91 for $700 Beat up Mossberg 500 for $285 etc..

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    About what I would expect. I'll be there tomorrow, gonna try and sell or trade off a muzzleloader.

CVMA544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    SW Indiana
    Armory GS

I was there today, lots and lots of knives, and ammo. Ammo was overpriced in my opinion.

Decent selection of newer type rifles (for the small venue).

Being a L1A1 lover I was disappointed, but lots of AR family parts.

For 5 bucks to get in it was okay, but I won't go back anytime soon.

I will do the fairgrounds next time.

Top Bottom